Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that when the Oxford Mail reported in two sequential editions that Chris Maguire was both on and not on the plane to pre-season training that this forum boasted an in-depth appraisal of the Schrodingers Cat paradox.
These days we can't even use a classical analogy. I presume that is down to Boris, Woke-ism and Global Warming...
No it’s the bloody vegans.

I remember that when the Oxford Mail reported in two sequential editions that Chris Maguire was both on and not on the plane to pre-season training that this forum boasted an in-depth appraisal of the Schrodingers Cat paradox.
These days we can't even use a classical analogy. I presume that is down to Boris, Woke-ism and Global Warming...
Nah, it's KR's fault

Who would want to be a football manager - interesting article in the Times today, focuses heavily on Robinson and his family and the stresses that go with the job for all family members - worth picking up a copy for a read and reflection for those considering and or making personal attacks:
View attachment 9769
Thanks for highlighting this.

Christ, some supporters need to check themselves.

Except… neither Yanic or Murphy were a risk?
Murphy didn’t start one game for Preston last season mainly because he had various injuries e.g. picked up an injury early in the season then had further set backs with further injuries, so I’d say that was a risk!

You have to wonder why Cardiff let him go!

I’m obviously hoping he turns out to be a great signing, but I’m not shocked that he’s injured, especially after reading his last season’s injury situation.

A little bit more care was needed in my opinion, a solid week of training before playing would’ve done them the world of good.

Instead, they were both thrown in, when they weren’t ready, and now they’re both injured.

After what happened to Wildschut, you could’ve said it was bad luck, if not a little careless to throw him in so soon, and certainly would’ve thought more care would’ve been taken with Murphy, but the same mistake was made again.

It’s hard to pass both off as bad luck I’m afraid
I think ppl can accept criticism of KR for stuff that happens on the pitch, player selection, tactics etc. But I’ve always got the impression that KR follows the advice of the medical team. We’ve got some pretty qualified people in the medical & fitness teams & KR seems to be a big advocate of them.

Do we know that KR hasn’t followed their advice? It’s their job to advice him, so if he’s gone against that then criticism is fair. But he could just be following what he’s told by experts.

Risks can be both a threat and an opportunity (negative and or positive). And we certainly seem to have a few in the ‘risk’ category. Not sure however whether we are too far removed from other clubs that are similar to us? Also, whether, in order to try compete for promotion, that we had little choice but to roll the dice.

Either way, if it works the club are seen as having done some brilliant work, if it doesn’t, they will be seen by many as foolish. The reality is probably somewhere more in the middle.

Either way, let’s not forget, few of us really know the details, and it is not down to one person and therefore should not be made personal!

For the record, I was pleased to see us sign such talented players, but I was also concerned by their lack of match fitness. And said so at the time.

I have similar feelings about Jones, a talented player, but a player with biscuits for knees, and I can’t help but voice my concerns over this.

We have an unusually large number of players in the squad with big question marks over their fitness, and it is a concern, rightfully and understandably expressed by many.

It does my head in when people accuse anyone who voices their concerns as being anti KR or negative, when I for one always praise KR for any of the good things he does, and always have, and anyone who says otherwise is massively mistaken.

But I will also not hesitate to criticise him, however often is necessary, if I feel he’s got things wrong.

I’d like to think that it’s that mindset that leads to a more balanced outlook, but unfortunately, there are some who simply can’t stand to hear anyone say a bad word about KR, and will defend him to the hilt, even when the evidence of his mistakes is indisputable.

It’s almost as though he has some sort of hero or god status to some, and it’s quite frankly a little bit weird.

If we win tomorrow, KR will receive all the praise he deserves, but if we lose, he, and any others will equally receive any criticism that is appropriate, certainly from me anyway.
I’m not that impressed with Murphy yet!

Murphy didn’t start one game for Preston last season mainly because he had various injuries e.g. picked up an injury early in the season then had further set backs with further injuries, so I’d say that was a risk!

You have to wonder why Cardiff let him go!

I’m obviously hoping he turns out to be a great signing, but I’m not shocked that he’s injured, especially after reading his last season’s injury situation.
I’ll be honest I wasn’t aware of the injury issue he had earlier last season! Humble pie demolished.

It doesn’t change my view on him or Wildschut as signings, though. Nor should it change anyone else’s because when we set out at the start of the window to build a promotion winning team, had we been offered those 2 names, you’d be brave to stick your neck out and say ‘no thanks’. Wildschut is/was the added physicality we all wanted and Murphy is beyond the calibre any of us expected to come in and the disbelief when the rumour started supports that. It got everyone off their seat. So it grates on me to see people alter their stance in that regard because of an injury. It would be a bit like if CamBran hit some questionable form and we said ‘the club should’ve let him leave’ - I’d be just as irate. But I’ll get my facts straight next time!

FWIW Cardiff let him go because he was pocketing £25k a week and didn’t want to be there - it reached a natural end. I don’t know many wingers of his type who would have enjoyed playing there for the past few years. He was leaving whether fully fit or not.

Do you think we are getting a reputation for two things one good one bad

1. We get in young loan players and players from lower leagues , develop them and send them on their way as a much better players
2. We have become the home of players who were very good but now have recurring injuries. Oxford will take a chance but other clubs won’t
Hanson, Thorne, Baldock, Jones, Kelly, Murphy even Browne plus keeping Hall Are some of them just looking for a wage and see us as an easy touch?

1. We get in young loan players and players from lower leagues , develop them and send them on their way as a much better players
2. We have become the home of players who were very good but now have recurring injuries. Oxford will take a chance but other clubs won’t
Hanson, Thorne, Baldock, Jones, Kelly, Murphy even Browne plus keeping Hall Are some of them just looking for a wage and see us as an easy touch?

Seeing as half of those examples were/are on appearance-weighted contracts, I can't see that we're being as charitable as you think.

Didn’t Thorne pretty much play for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom