Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s playing you like a fiddle mate [emoji28]

“I have completely switched off to what KR says anymore” > Proceeds to quote everything he has said over the last few weeks.

Robinson knows exactly what he’s doing, and he knows exactly what he’s saying. I would like to think that he reads this forum and has a good laugh at some of the reactions to what he says.

FWIW: Give me Karl Robinson over Appleton, every single day of the week!

You can have him, TGB.

It's always worth keeping an eye on the squad numbers. KR is fairly predictable in his use of numbers, although not entirely reliable. So Joseph has been given 22, leaving 3, 19 (used for both Agyei and S Baldock) and 20 available. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

“I have completely switched off to what KR says anymore” > Proceeds to quote everything he has said over the last few weeks.

Robinson knows exactly what he’s doing, and he knows exactly what he’s saying. I would like to think that he reads this forum and has a good laugh at some of the reactions to what he says.

Imagine liking nice passes and cheeky soundbites over sustained success and a team it was an absolute thrill to watch.

Hmmmm

Look at what I posted

I said I’m not going to listen to KR anymore, that means I have listened to what he says but I won’t anymore.

As to Michael Appleton if you look at the history books you will find he has one promotion with OUFC to his name and so far KR has none. I really hope that changes and he does win something for us.

I suppose football is about opinions and you prefer KR to MA but I have the opposite point of view

When you think that things can't get any more tedious we have the joys of another 20 pages of Robbo vs MApp to look forward to!!
Sorry Scotchers
I could have used other managers to make the same point. The Cambridge manager for instance

Sorry Scotchers
I could have used other managers to make the same point. The Cambridge manager for instance

Ultimately the point is the same.

Robinson says too much, can't control himself, spouts his usual rubbish - vs Robinson is passionate, cares for the club, gets excited but means well.

Both are accurate depending on your own view point. But he's not changing so either enjoy the ride and don't take everything as gospel, or ignore and wait for official statements.

Im at Cropredy , first time and bloody loving it! - and just dropped in to see if we’ve signed one or two strikers and now thoroughly confused... can someone bring me up to date? Has KR thrown another curveball...?

We've signed Kyle Joseph on a season loan. There endeth the sermon.

The drawback of KR is that he doesn't have the Tats or the guns that intimidate the opposition.

The stevens deal feels perfect to me first team football in league one (hopefully he helps take points off other promotion candidates) and he signs a contract to signify he’s not going anywhere on a permanent for the foreseeable
Agree. This is the kind of move that stable, ambitious clubs with a long term strategic view make. Very encouraging. Really hope he does well up there.

The Stevens loan is better than I expected - didn't think we'd find a taker for him at League One level; very happy that we have.

Though he'll have to earn his playing time there. They've still got the keeper (Aidan Stone) who was in net for them from mid-March through to the end of the playoffs last season, and who is also highly rated, albeit a bit younger (just turned 23). Hopefully Jack will beat him out, but he'll have to play well to keep the gig.

(Vale did lose 4-0 to Exeter last time out......that being said, whilst we had a good week, Exeter's was something else. Two games against League One oppo, two wins, 11-0 aggregate scoreline!)

Stevens has signed an extension and gone on loan to Vale. Good move for him. I hope he does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom