Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the club will set a new record transfer fee this window.

giphy.gif

I love how Kyle Joseph has seemingly already taken on the nickname 'the lad from Swansea'. Seen him referred to that multiple times on here and Twitter 😂

Current record is still the £470K for Windass to Aberdeen back in the '90s isn't it?
Just found this on Google

The highest transfer fee ever paid by the club is the £470,000 paid to Aberdeen for Dean Windass in 1998, though it has been reported that the undisclosed fee paid for Marvin Johnson in 2016 exceeded this amount, and the highest fee received is the estimated £3,000,000 paid by Leeds United for Kemar Roofe in 2016.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Current record is still the £470K for Windass to Aberdeen back in the '90s isn't it?
I remember when he signed. I was working in Currys in Hollow Way and he came in to buy stuff for his new house. Tried to get tonnes more discount than I was allowed to give. When I said I couldn't do the deal he wanted he said "f**k it, my dad works for Currys so I'll speak to him instead" tight git🤣

I remember when he signed. I was working in Currys in Hollow Way and he came in to buy stuff for his new house. Tried to get tonnes more discount than I was allowed to give. When I said I couldn't do the deal he wanted he said "f**k it, my dad works for Currys so I'll speak to him instead" tight git[emoji1787]

Not from Yorkshire by any chance, is he?

That he’s a player who does a lot more than score goals? Hate it when people think that they can judge a footballer by some numbers in a column having never watched them.

BT-A is one of the most exciting players to watch in L2. A live wire with genuine pace and quality who can play wide or through the middle and has started adding goals to his game. Would be a very popular player here in no time.
And you have seen him play how many times? Actually at a game not on the tv or other media. And be honest.
And I have seen posts on various players quoting their stats from you on here.
If he does come I'll be right behind him, don't you worry about that!!

And you have seen him play how many times? Actually at a game not on the tv or other media. And be honest.

Why does someone have to go to an actual game to pass judgement on a player? 95% of players are assessed through media and data sources rather than endless scouting missions. If that's good enough for those spending hundreds of thousands then I reckon its good enough for your average fan to do the same.

I've seen him live a few times, 3 or 4, and then live on tv the couple of times Salford have been on in the last couple of years. I'm not sure why I have to qualify an opinion to someone who has admitted that he hasn't watched him though?

Judging a player who has played accross the front line who is just 23 years of age on goals alone is a pretty reductive outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom