Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem a little odd especially with Forde and Williams leaving.
If Golding has forced his way into the squad then great. But Golding and Brown as back up to Seddon/ Long does seem to be far too light.
Let's see.
Golding is not good enough, yet

Anyone up for a referendum?

Leysboy wins and we sack Karl, tear up his UEFA license, and banish him from the county. Then put a post on Facebook asking for available players and sign the first 6 that turn up to the training ground.

LeftSideBoy wins and it's an instant 10 year contract extension for Karl. And Mous too. We put in a record transfer bid to get Nathan Holland back from MK, and throw Sam Long into the deal because there's a winger in the under-12s who looks like he could do a job at RB anyway.
Iā€™ve set it before, judging by this forum at least, KR seems to have succeeded in polarising the fan base like no-one before. Some seem to idolise him and some seem to hate him.

There are some crazy rumours flying around and, unless anyone can prove their authenticity (Iā€™m including the Dan Harris rumours), thatā€™s totally unfair on Karl.

The proof will be in the pudding. Letā€™s see how things all pan out between now and Christmas and judge how things are going then. Itā€™ll be here soon enough.

Thank you. We needed that bucket of ice cold water around here.
Just trying to add a bit of realism to this shambles of a thread. Granted we have missed out on is Etete who's gone to Cardiff on a permanent, we wanted a loan. That happens, we move on.

There's a lot of good feeling around this window and for once we can be aggressive with our bids and wages. We've just re-signed our best player onto a mega deal when he has no right to be in L1. I know, let's sack Robbo, even though Cam absolutely loves the bloke

Iā€™ve set it before, judging by this forum at least, KR seems to have succeeded in polarising the fan base like no-one before. Some seem to idolise him and some seem to hate him.

There are some crazy rumours flying around and, unless anyone can prove their authenticity (Iā€™m including the Dan Harris rumours), thatā€™s totally unfair on Karl.

The proof will be in the pudding. Letā€™s see how things all pan out between now and Christmas and judge how things are going then. Itā€™ll be here soon enough.
KR is the equivalent on here as the LTNs in Cowley and littlemore some thinks he/them are great others not so sure

I think a lot of this is just the internet, and the generally divisive atmosphere since Brexit. I'm sure Horton, Wilder, and others would have polarized the online support if forums had been a thing then. Karl's faults are clear but he seems popular among people at the actual games.

I've said it before but I think its worth repeating Karl is not a bad manager, i would go as far as saying he is a good manger, but he isn't a great manager. We will see by the end of this season if good is good enough to mount a serious promotion push.

As for the transfer window i think we all can agree it has been spectacularly mismanaged. I have no idea who picks which targets we pursue and which player positions they are to fill but we have seen huge failures here. Its all well and good pursuing big signings but we need to be real about who we are and what realistically we can achieve. I guess we have been guilty of trying to leap too far forwards in one go. This would have been alright if it was for a couple of additions to take the squad to the next level, but to do this while leaving massive holes in the squad is crazy.

As others have mentioned this isn't the first time this has happened. These issues have been with us for years I think this year it has been made worse by a bit of bad luck or trying to overstretch ourselves even more.

It is clear I hope to even the most optimistic fans that things need to change at the club. As has been said we should be looking at best practice from other clubs and restructuring recruitment to match. Maybe this starts with a director of football, I don't know. What I do know is we need someone to work out what is needed to create a balanced squad and to be able to deliver on realistic potential targets. I think this will involve Karl stepping back from the process. Until we do this it will be rinse and repeat.

As for now we are in for a choppy few weeks. Weeks that will probably have a big impact on us this season. We still have some great players lets hope there is enough there to build a solid team for long enough to complete the squad.

I thought the first 500 pages of this thread were pretty silly but the last 10 pages of reactionary, irrational nonsense really put some perspective on what ā€œdumbā€ is. Jesusā€¦ get a grip. There are 4 weeks left to get additional players in. If weā€™re still at 17 senior pros on Sept 1, have a go at KR then. Until then, have some perspective. SMH

I thought the first 500 pages of this thread were pretty silly but the last 10 pages of reactionary, irrational nonsense really put some perspective on what ā€œdumbā€ is. Jesusā€¦ get a grip. There are 4 weeks left to get additional players in. If weā€™re still at 17 senior pros on Sept 1, have a go at KR then. Until then, have some perspective. SMH
Also, make sure the band keeps playing!

Only the first 500 !

Golding is not good enough, yeyet
Did you see the friendlies ( I ask as I didnt)
I thought that v Doncaster he was pretty decent ( some on here were suggesting that he should be part of the first team squad this season and not sent on loan). I thought he was a little lightweight and could do with another year on loan.
Reports seem to suggest that he was very good on the pre season games and has forced his way into the squad. Like most I would be delighted if he is now good enough to be back up.
Was he still looking lightweight or too error prone/ inexperienced in the pre season games?

Did you see the friendlies ( I ask as I didnt)
I thought that v Doncaster he was pretty decent ( some on here were suggesting that he should be part of the first team squad this season and not sent on loan). I thought he was a little lightweight and could do with another year on loan.
Reports seem to suggest that he was very good on the pre season games and has forced his way into the squad. Like most I would be delighted if he is now good enough to be back up.
Was he still looking lightweight or too error prone/ inexperienced in the pre season games?
Yeah, the one against WBA, and like you I think heā€™s still lightweight and still has a lot to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom