Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think the QPR fans still rate him, think he’s only early 30’s similar age to Baldock and Taylor.

Hes 32, with him and Bodin in the side that would be 2 ex Swindon players representing us. 😁 I watched him a couple of times for QPR this season and it would be a real sign of intent to sign him. Don't know if that would mean the end to Baldock though.

Hes 32, with him and Bodin in the side that would be 2 ex Swindon players representing us. 😁 I watched him a couple of times for QPR this season and it would be a real sign of intent to sign him. Don't know if that would mean the end to Baldock though.
Not sure we want three veteran strikers tbh, hopefully we can find a young prospect

Talking Bodin now Brizzle Rovers promoted would they offer him a couple of years contract to go back to them ? Still well liked by the fans there .

Talking Bodin now Brizzle Rovers promoted would they offer him a couple of years contract to go back to them ? Still well liked by the fans there .
I was thinking more the Scum if they come up. But yeh you have a point with Bristol rovers aswell. We shouldn't be messing around though, if we want Bodin and Baldock put a contract in front of them until they sign!

Charlie Austin wouldn't necessarily exclude Sam Baldock. Robinson likes having experienced strikers and with us more likely to set up with wing backs next season, rotating 2 out of CA, SB and MT would give us the opportunity to keep all three fresh.

We would still have the likes of Marcus Browne and an upgraded version of Gavin Whyte who could offer more direct pace upfront if needed. Depending on rulings on matchday squads and/or number of subs, I wouldn't be surprised to GOD and maybe Tyler Goodrham kept in the first team squad to other youthful exuberance.

James Norwood and Cole Stockton are hardly spring chickens, so why not go a class above if we're looking at more mature strikers?

Charlie Austin 32 or James Norwood 31 who are you picking? Personally it has to be Austin, look at the chaos Baldock’s movement has caused at L1 level if Austin offers anything like that bearing in mind he’s played at a higher level more recently he’d offer so much to this team.

Charlie Austin 32 or James Norwood 31 who are you picking? Personally it has to be Austin, look at the chaos Baldock’s movement has caused at L1 level if Austin offers anything like that bearing in mind he’s played at a higher level more recently he’d offer so much to this team.

Can't remember what game I watched of QPR's this season, but Austin came off the bench and was a real handful second half, scored a cracking header aswell.

Taylor, Baldock, Austin and Browne would be great competition for the front 2 positions. Obviously Browne can play behind aswell as left of a front 3.

Can't remember what game I watched of QPR's this season, but Austin came off the bench and was a real handful second half, scored a cracking header aswell.

Taylor, Baldock, Austin and Browne would be great competition for the front 2 positions. Obviously Browne can play behind aswell as left of a front 3.
I think a lot of people underestimate the jump from proven championship player to top end L1.

Charlie Austin is more likely to sign for Swindon than us - regardless of what division they are in. He’s a Hungerford lad, Swindon supporter and obviously has history there.

I understand he also enjoys a little dabble in the devils dandruff and more than a couple of pints.

Wouldn’t be one I’d be getting excited about.

Charlie Austin is more likely to sign for Swindon than us - regardless of what division they are in. He’s a Hungerford lad, Swindon supporter and obviously has history there.

I understand he also enjoys a little dabble in the devils dandruff and more than a couple of pints.

Cannot disagree with any of that, I understand we have spoken to him and wages are a big issue. That's not a great surprise, I think in his first spell at QPR he was on a £5k goal bonus.

Who can we get excited about then?

I was thinking more the Scum if they come up. But yeh you have a point with Bristol rovers aswell. We shouldn't be messing around though, if we want Bodin and Baldock put a contract in front of them until they sign!
Goes without saying if he club are really wanting promotion this year with the league probably byte toughest it’s ever been we will need these players to sign and I hope KR is making inroads to make them sign.

Agree have heard rumours he is going back there especially as I expect them to get promoted they are the form team but money may be a barrier

Last edited:
When you think about Austin it will be a bit like Joey going to Swindon
Didn’t last long because his heart wasn’t really in it
Same with Austin I can’t see him coming because he is a long time Swindon fan and came through their set up and was revered by their fans.
He may not go to Swindon but he won’t come here this year and will probably sign for one of our rivals with money but he will go back to Swindon one day

When you think about Austin it will be a bit like Joey going to Swindon
Didn’t last long because his heart wasn’t really in it
Same with Austin I can’t see him coming because he is a long time Swindon fan and came through their set up and was revered by their fans.
He may not go to Swindon but he won’t come here this year and will probably sign for one of our rivals with money but he will go back to Swindon one day

I thought they signed him from Poole Town?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom