Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if I am appearing to be a bit thick, but I seem to have missed the news on Forde leaving. I can't see anything on any OWS mentioning it.

My late brother mixed with Hanson’s agent a bit. They had a mutual friend / colleague, so they shared a few pints on several occasions. Whenever they crossed paths the agent would make a jokey comment about the deal, say he probably owed him a pint for that etc. Was very open about the move and how it all played out. A pretty rare duffer from the club’s point of view, and a shame that such an expensive transfer was one that went so badly. Between all fees and wages over the four years of his contract it cost the club a million pounds.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up.
…..I’ll give him a bell.

You did not tell us this was coming. 36 hrs to kick off. Surely you must have known?
I didn't think it would happen at all this summer, and it looks like things have changed very quickly this week. Unfortunately once the buy out clause is met and the player agrees to a move, there's little more that we can do.

So it took four windows for Blackpool to secure the services of Cam and yet we are supposed to complete a signing of similar pedigree in what, 4 hours?????
We should've had targets in mind or a like-for-like replacement at the club already. This has been on the cards for two years now and it's only by good fortune that we didn't lose Cam to a long-term injury previous aside from his eye issues which is overcame quickly.

If the paperwork isn't concluded come Friday night then he should be played against Derby to to hell with Blackpool for their timing. I do think he can be replaced - plenty of creative midfielders out there, probably not of his standing but who can still do a job but as we've seemingly taken this as completely unexpected, I fully expect us to spend the entire month of August trying to bring someone in who will probably arrive at the 11th hour.

More dosh usually works for most players, we are naive if we think any players are loyal to any club these days..
Not saying money won’t be a factor, but it’s obvious this outcome wasn’t the plan.

To be honest, I actually thought Brannagan would go shortly after the season closed, but to go through pre-season and for Brannagan only saying in the last day or so he was looking forward to the season starting, then it feels more than just the release clause that shifted

Behave yourself.
Really? Let's look at the evidence before Blackpool triggered the clause. It doesn't take a genius...

Reasons to believe CB might leave this summer
  • He hasn't signed the contract offer we made him.
  • He's too good for L1.
  • He should have been playing in the championship years ago, but has been loyal for longer than we had any right to expect.
  • The vultures have been circling window after window for ages.
  • He's seen Ox player after player (not as good as good as him) transfer to the Champ with big wages, big stadium etc.
  • His friends and family are up north.
Reasons to believe CB might stay
  • He's got a new fish tank.

We should've had targets in mind or a like-for-like replacement at the club already. This has been on the cards for two years now and it's only by good fortune that we didn't lose Cam to a long-term injury previous aside from his eye issues which is overcame quickly.

If the paperwork isn't concluded come Friday night then he should be played against Derby to to hell with Blackpool for their timing. I do think he can be replaced - plenty of creative midfielders out there, probably not of his standing but who can still do a job but as we've seemingly taken this as completely unexpected, I fully expect us to spend the entire month of August trying to bring someone in who will probably arrive at the 11th hour.
What makes you so sure we don't know who we want?! For a club that has done so incredibly well in the transfer market for such a long time now, we don't half think the worst of them around here. Quite incredible that the default position for most is 'the club are clueless' when we've just raised best part of £4m this window and actually improved our starting XI without even spending 20% of that on fees - with Cam's replacement to come, of course. Some would argue McGuane has been the heir to the CamBran throne for some time now and he's coming in to the best form we've seen of him. That may open up the possibility of the big strapping CDM everybody wants. This is not the end of the world as we know it. It may just turn a little slower for a few days!

I have discovered a whole new way of scouring this thread without the stress of trawling through the negativity!!! Click MEMBERS at the top search UTO and ECYellow and click their postings see what ITK stuff theyve said saves a lot of time!!!
I did the same, but then I didn’t see your post🤣

What makes you so sure we don't know who we want?! For a club that has done so incredibly well in the transfer market for such a long time now, we don't half think the worst of them around here. Quite incredible that the default position for most is 'the club are clueless' when we've just raised best part of £4m this window and actually improved our starting XI without even spending 20% of that on fees - with Cam's replacement to come, of course. Some would argue McGuane has been the heir to the CamBran throne for some time now and he's coming in to the best form we've seen of him. That may open up the possibility of the big strapping CDM everybody wants. This is not the end of the world as we know it. It may just turn a little slower for a few days!
Hope we get herbie kane back. Mcguane isnt good enough imo for the starting 11.

Rak-Sakyi given 48 hours to pick between Us,Charlton and Lincoln.

We’re desperate for him.

I didn't think it would happen at all this summer, and it looks like things have changed very quickly this week. Unfortunately once the buy out clause is met and the player agrees to a move, there's little more that we can do.
Agreed. Team sheet nearly ready to be printed. What a bummer. Cam must be on a mega contract. Otherwise no way would he jump ship....Hall of Fame, definitely.

You did not tell us this was coming. 36 hrs to kick off. Surely you must have known?
Timing is not ideal but will be just the same as when he was out before injured and on that occasion McGuane who has been a strong performer so far this year, stepped up a gear. Also we would receive nothing at end of season when contract expires...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom