Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl slyly saying it wouldn't be the morally right thing to sign a player 2 days before the first game?

That shows just how 'aggressive' our transfer policy is.
Sounds like he's focusing on preparing the team and then will go back to transfers on Sunday. Seems reasonable. Does raise the question that has been mentioned on here... Shouldn't there be someone else responsible for transfers IF KR can't do both at the same time.

When CB was out with his eye problem we won 6 out of 15 games, and got 22 points. IE mid table form. That's the expectation now.

This is the first time I've not been confident about the season. But there is a long time to go in the window, we can turn this round!

So doesn’t appear we had a back-up plan and therefore may suggest this has come in very last minute!

Not sure what Karl means when he said; “I’ll try to keep my head up and be dignified. There are so many things that aren’t right in my view, but I’ll just smile and wish him luck”?
Blaming 3rd parties again..

What’s just happened is a good thing as we would have lost him for nothing and this demonstrates exactly what happens when we fail to get through or make the playoffs. Nothing to do apart from make it count the next time we get a sniff and take our time in selecting a quality replacement

Last edited:
To be honest, I've learned not to read too much into what KR says in the heat of the moment. He often makes things sound worse/better than what they are, and I feel he sometimes is more concerned about saying what we want to hear rather than how he feels. He's a bit of a showman in that respect. I've no doubt he is angered by this, but it's not the complete disaster it's made out to be. I just wish he could have sounded a bit more optimistic about finding a replacement, which absolutely can happen.

I'm sure we're all gutted to see Brannagan go. A top player whose commitment you could never question, but I think we all knew he was destined for a higher level and although it's a shame how it's worked out with 2 days before Derby, it was always a risk. Good luck to him, hopefully he makes it all the way to the Premier League, he's definitely capable.

It's even more money into an already inflated budget for us, so I'm really looking forward to see who we can get in. We definitely need some energy in centre midfield now.

The release cause has been triggered and its up to Cam now if he wants to go, but don't worry we will reinvest the money in to the squad with 5 weeks left of the transfer window this could make us stronger in depth.

That's what I want to hear !

Did he not say that when discussing talking about a replacement on Sunday?

So doesn’t appear we had a back-up plan and therefore may suggest this has come in very last minute!

Not sure what Karl means when he said; “I’ll try to keep my head up and be dignified. There are so many things that aren’t right in my view, but I’ll just smile and wish him luck”?

What’s not explained is why we haven’t replaced Kane (yet!), especially with the risk of Gorrin for some way into the season, and knowing CB hadn’t signed a new deal, so departure possible!

We are now 2/3 proven quality players light in central midfield.

It’s asking a lot for Smyth to suddenly do the business, especially when it’s been muted a loan could be possible.

If we’d at least covered Kane’s slot it would be slightly easier to swallow the CB departure for now!

I hope we’ve not been waiting for weeks to see how Kane’s injury pans out! With a view to signing him!

I am a fan of KR but he made greatunclekip seem upbeat. Get a grip KR. Yes awful timing but onwards and upwards. Get on the positive bus KR or get off altogether and let someone else take up the challenge of spending a great transfer budget. Very frustrated with KR at the moment

This is where we learn that the board truly is wanting promotion. This is over £1m of bonus money on top of a supposedly large and unspent budget. It all needs to be reinvested if they mean what they say.

Whilst the quality of the signings in the last few days have been good, we are once again on the back foot because we were not ready early enough, the manager now needs to prove this strategy wasn't a mistake and was part of his plan by getting a good haul of points in August. Big pressure on KR now to get results early and to get the right players in with the windfall. He has no excuses left. It could be brilliant. It could have gone horribly wrong by 31 August.

I am a fan of KR but he made greatunclekip seem upbeat. Get a grip KR. Yes awful timing but onwards and upwards. Get on the positive bus KR or get off altogether and let someone else take up the challenge of spending a great transfer budget. Very frustrated with KR at the moment
It's why a DOF is needed pronto. To see eventualities and prepare contingencies. KR should be focused on nothing but the team.

It's clear we have no strategy for this at least predictable move. We go in dreadfully short and Robbo is under pressure rightly.

Wish this would have been done 2 weeks ago, the timing is just awful. Don’t hold any grudges against Cam but we need to find a top class replacement and asap

It's why a DOF is needed pronto. To see eventualities and prepare contingencies. KR should be focused on nothing but the team.

It's clear we have no strategy for this at least predictable move. We go in dreadfully short and Robbo is under pressure rightly.
A DOF would not have changed this situation would it

A club triggers the release clause and you have to deal with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom