Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Stockton improves us in a 1-up-top system. We all love Taylor and he’s a bags man but he’s far more effective in a partnership. He’s too easy to take out of build up play. My view is if it’s Stockton or similar, he would make us a better side

58 goals in 3 seasons suggests he's pretty good up top on his own

edit: just checked RageOnline - They have his total at 58

Last edited:
If we sign Stockton then you can sod the positive bus..

All aboard!

06d441b6b86a76cd298c6e3dfad3725a.jpg

Taylor got more than 20 goals last season! The first to do that for a while. He certainly does well as a lone striker , though it’s true that in some games he looks lonely and hardly touches the ball.
He is great when we dominate the ball, against the best teams in L1 I think he’s better with a partner.

I think Stockton improves us in a 1-up-top system. We all love Taylor and he’s a bags man but he’s far more effective in a partnership. He’s too easy to take out of build up play. My view is if it’s Stockton or similar, he would make us a better side
It actually doesn't bare thinking about if we got Stockton. Rotate with Taylor or in a Two. Supplied by Josh Murphy and Wildschut. Just going for a lie down.

With the way this squad is shaping up I really, really hope we draw Swindon in one of the cups. Because I think we'd absolutely batter them.
I see your Swindon and raise you a Reading.

We've done the former plenty in the last 12 years or so, and they are way off us now. Give me the latter, so long overdue, and as a club they are quite clearly on the way down.

An FA Cup 3rd Round date at the Madejski backed by 4k yellows and a thumping win please.

Followed by swapping divisions 4 months later.

Build a bonfire...

If we signed Stockton on a 3 year deal, that would make a lot of sense for the club. Taylor, despite his goal scoring record, is getting on a bit, and can’t seem to handle the physical pressures of playing 90 minutes, week in, week out. Now, I’m not suggesting he’s going to retire anytime soon, but in 2 years time, he will be 35 years old. Stockton will just be turning 30, and will be at his ‘peak’ - He’s got a great goal-scoring record at this level, and if we can get him, I really think that we should!

I’m sure many will disagree with me, but we need someone that is proven at this level. Stockton is that player!

58 goals in 3 seasons suggests he's pretty good up top on his own

edit: just checked RageOnline - They have his total at 58
Don’t forget we played a front 2 a fair bit last season but statistically he is good - he’s a proper lower league poacher and every team needs one. Not concerned about his ability to score goals.

But consider the possibility of having someone capable of scoring the same number of goals (or say 15+) while also getting more from the players around them by linking play and playing a bit more of a team-centric role. And defensively the difference it would make to have a striker that can compete in the air and buy us a vital 10 seconds to get up the pitch etc. It could make us a better team overall.

Is their any factual news that we are interested in Stockton? Or is it just the usual rumours and wishful thinking? Thanks.

If we signed Stockton on a 3 year deal, that would make a lot of sense for the club. Taylor, despite his goal scoring record, is getting on a bit, and can’t seem to handle the physical pressures of playing 90 minutes, week in, week out. Now, I’m not suggesting he’s going to retire anytime soon, but in 2 years time, he will be 35 years old. Stockton will just be turning 30, and will be at his ‘peak’ - He’s got a great goal-scoring record at this level, and if we can get him, I really think that we should!

I’m sure many will disagree with me, but we need someone that is proven at this level. Stockton is that player!
Is one good season in 10 years ‘proven’ though? I think I’d rather a player that hits the 15 mark regularly than a player that’s hit 20+ once and not much else personally.

I’m not overly worried about strikers and wingers now, we do need one more of each but more pressing is that the squad balance doesn’t look to have been properly addressed as yet and it’s that that’s cost us in recent years.

We need two full backs minimum, and probably another midfielder.

Is one good season in 10 years ‘proven’ though? I think I’d rather a player that hits the 15 mark regularly than a player that’s hit 20+ once and not much else personally.

As much as I agree with what you’re saying, you don’t score 23 goals in League One for Morecambe, by accident. He also scored 13 the season before, but granted, that was a lower level.

I’m intrigued to know who we’re looking at. After the signings we have made, it’s safe to assume they’re quality. Exciting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom