Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he’d be no use in the PL. He’s on about going to L1 ! He’s being massively over hyped by Oxford fans, remember we were L2 when he was doing his stuff here.
He was in a Leeds side at the Top few in the Championship
Who says he will go to L1? I think that you are underestimating him

As it stands our XI for Derby in 6 days will be:

Stevens
Long Moore Findlay Seddon
McGuane Brannagan
Bodin Browne Murphy
Taylor

7 Subs: Eastwood, Forde, Brown, Gorrin, Henry, Jones, Wildschut (if fit)

Will we make any additions the next few days that come in to the starting XI?

Last edited:
If we cover our annual losses through saleable assets, why do we owe Group companies £17m?

Do you know why we owe that money? Who is it owed to? How long has it been owed for? What type of debt is it? Is it from investment? We all know that we run on a loss of around 2million per year, so yes, we do cover that loss from saleable assets.

I’m sorry, but I’m not privy to the intricacies of our finances and I wish I could give you a more concise explanation. However, I refuse to be drawn into looking at the state of our club in the same way that we are looking at teams like Derby and Sheffield Wednesday.

Derby recorded losses of approximately £8m In 2016-17, and £14.7m the year before that, so without the stadium sale two days before the 2017-18 year end, they could have made total published losses of £48m - in 2 years alone!

Things, as you know, got much much worse for them in the years that followed. Now, after exiting administration, they’re back to doing the same things that got them into that situation to begin with.

We are nothing like them, and I don’t wish to be.

We have a board that will back us and keep us sustainable, while we transform the football club both on the field, and off of it. Can you say the same for Derby and Sheffield Wednesday?

Not considering Murphy or Jones ours yet until it's officially announced. Makes me uneasy showing them off as new signings before they've signed on the dotted line. Football is ruthless and there's nothing stopping the big boys from League 1 or the Championship offering far more than we can and scooping them up.

Not considering Murphy or Jones ours yet until it's officially announced. Makes me uneasy showing them off as new signings before they've signed on the dotted line. Football is ruthless and there's nothing stopping the big boys from League 1 or the Championship offering far more than we can and scooping them up.
Do you know that we haven't signed them ( just not announced yet)?

Do you know that we haven't signed them ( just not announced yet)?
Jones has been signed for over a week according to "ITK" fans on here yet still no announcement.
When I was closer to the club in the past we'd "signed" a player and he was in the stadium, just had to sign the final contract. News got out on social media and another club came in and offered him more money and the rest is history...

As it stands our XI for Derby in 6 days will be:

Stevens
Long Moore Findlay Seddon
McGuane Brannagan
Bodin Browne Murphy
Taylor

9 Subs: McGinty or Eastwood, Forde, Mousinho, Brown, Gorrin, Smyth, Henry, Jones, Wildschut (if fit)

Will we make any additions the next few days that come in to the starting XI?

Only 7 subs I believe.

Jones has been signed for over a week according to "ITK" fans on here yet still no announcement.
When I was closer to the club in the past we'd "signed" a player and he was in the stadium, just had to sign the final contract. News got out on social media and another club came in and offered him more money and the rest is history...

After the Wimbledon game, KR said that two new players will be announced at the start of the week, at the very latest.

Even with my limited skills in deductive reasoning, I’m able to see he was talking about Jones and Murphy! He might as well have announced them there and then..

After the Wimbledon game, KR said that two new players will be announced at the start of the week, at the very latest.

Even with my limited skills in deductive reasoning, I’m able to see he was talking about Jones and Murphy! He might as well have announced them there and then..
Like I said, although it's now a different manager, board etc I've seen first hand how ruthless football can be. I'll wait for the announcement!

Out of interest, who was that?

Funny you should say that as I was renewing my season ticket whilst talking to Nick Merry once and he told me we were about to sign a key player. Then his phone went off and matt greens agent came out of the Kassam and apologised looking embarrassed. Matt Green was signing for torquay himself without his agent

Agree. No one would be talking about him if he wasn't ex Oxford, Saido Beranhino last season when he move to Wednesday was a more proven striker at Premier league level and I can't remember him pulling up trees last season.
Berahino had scored 13 league goals in 4 years going in to last season, none in the prem

Roofe scored more than that in one season in the Championship and then again for Rangers in the SPL

It’s a terrible comparison

No one has said that Roofe will be signed by a PL side, just that he is capable of performing at that level (all be it, a lower PL side).

Well if he is then he will be signed, it ain’t rocket science. Elliott Moore could probably get by as a PL sub, so could Brannagan, so could a few others. Anyone who seriously thinks Kemar Roofe is PL standard hasn’t got a bloody clue about the game of football !

The infamous handshake?

No one has said that Roofe will be signed by a PL side, just that he is capable of performing at that level (all be it, a lower PL side).
100 per cent he can play in the prem, a top player. Rangers would have won the europa league had he been fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom