Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea on the Netherlands based player.

But if we assume they're English/Northern Irish/Scottish/Welsh (just for ease of post Brexit regulations) and have played on the wing, then you can quickly narrow down to:

- George Cox of Fortuna Sittard
- Darius Johnson previously of FC Volendam
- Derry John Murkin of FC Volendam
- Leon Maloney of FC Volendam
- Dan Crowley of Willem II (shudder)

If there's a way of a non UK player meeting the points criteria, then someone else can continue the research as I'm now very hot and need a lie down.
Or maybe (shudder) Gervane Kastaneer who may have a passport/visa from his time in UK playing for Coventry and Hearts which was pre-brexit.

Didn't @Shosho suggest that an oversees player would qualify through the strength of the Eredivise, but needed to have made a certain amount of appearances?
Absolutely, but my assumption is if a player is good enough to have played enough minutes they probably aren't leaving the Eredivisie for League 1!

No idea on the Netherlands based player.

But if we assume they're English/Northern Irish/Scottish/Welsh (just for ease of post Brexit regulations) and have played on the wing, then you can quickly narrow down to:

- George Cox of Fortuna Sittard
- Darius Johnson previously of FC Volendam
- Derry John Murkin of FC Volendam
- Leon Maloney of FC Volendam
- Dan Crowley of Willem II (shudder)

If there's a way of a non UK player meeting the points criteria, then someone else can continue the research as I'm now very hot and need a lie down.
Found basically the same list of players that I did, except I missed Darius Johnson (as he has left Volendam now) and left out Cox and Murkin as they're primarily full backs. Unless there's another way to meet the points, Maloney looks the guy to me.

You may have missed this from UTO over the weekend:

Think we’re close to an older winger signing.
The winger is from Europe.

I took this to mean 27/28 years old upwards.

All these suggestions for the player from The Netherlands are too young at 22-24 years old (with the possible exception of Kastaneer at 26).

I think the point is that he shouldn't get a massive lump sum for signing for us just because he happens to have a massive wage at Cardiff.

If we've got massive lump sums burning a hole in our pockets I'd rather use it to lure other new players where the competition for their signature is fierce - or even incentivise/new contracts for our best players.

It's not our fault Cardiff pay him mega bucks. If he wants to run down his contract there - fair play. Alternatively let's see who else wants to stump up those wages/pay lump sum signing-on fees for him - good luck to him.

Wouldn't be a good look to our other players if we not only make Gavin Whyte among our highest earners but also give him the largest signing-on fee we've ever done just because the guy has been creaming it at Cardiff.

NB All this talk of 'massive lump sums in our pockets' in a post about Gavin Whyte - I can assure you it's coincidental.
Indeed and in 12 months' time, having pocketed his £8-10k per week, he'll be able to leave as a free agent and sign a very lucrative deal with a new club given there will be no transfer fee.........hope I'm wrong but why would he sign for us unless it's on a perm and Cardiff are just relieved that someone is covering a proportion of his wages for the final year?

Or maybe (shudder) Gervane Kastaneer who may have a passport/visa from his time in UK playing for Coventry and Hearts which was pre-brexit.
He's absolutely useless
But thinks he's the dog's B*****s
A figure of fun at both Coventry and Hearts
Also an International for Curacao but doesn't make the first eleven for most games

You may have missed this from UTO over the weekend:

I took this to mean 27/28 years old upwards.

All these suggestions for the player from The Netherlands are too young at 22-24 years old (with the possible exception of Kastaneer at 26).
I took it as older than the other winger from Palace who is 19.

If he is indeed older than any of the other players mentioned - then they aren't going to be a UK nationality, and it would put Kastaneer at the top of the list before any other research on wingers playing in the Netherlands.

Though UTO didn't mention the Netherlands in that secondary post. So who knows! There's a few English players in Cyprus/Greece but 36 year old Jason Puncheon doesn't appeal!

He's absolutely useless
But thinks he's the dog's B*****s
A figure of fun at both Coventry and Hearts
Also an International for Curacao but doesn't make the first eleven for most games
And Gino does? good lord, let's hope it's not him!

I took it as older than the other winger from Palace who is 19.

If he is indeed older than any of the other players mentioned - then they aren't going to be a UK nationality, and it would put Kastaneer at the top of the list before any other research on wingers playing in the Netherlands.

Though UTO didn't mention the Netherlands in that secondary post. So who knows! There's a few English players in Cyprus/Greece but 36 year old Jason Puncheon doesn't appeal!

The post I quoted (Saturday night) was before he effectively went one step further and gave us The Netherlands the following morning (Sunday).
It was all before any mention of any other winger including the kid at Palace.
'Older' in this context definitely sounds to me as older than the average player - Kastaneer probably way too young even - could even be 30+.

1658150161094.png

There’s always plenty of players on our radar, but obviously not all of them we make proper moves for.
Players like Luongo and the Rotherham centre back we move on from straight away.
Luongo wage demands are way beyond what we would pay. The Rotherham defender was being spoke to by Sheffield Wednesday straight away and had no interest in joining us or moving down South.
This window was the furthest we have been to signing Cadden in past 2 years!!
Robbo didn’t know what was going to be his preferred formation for a while!! So it was pointless signing Cadden if we were playing 4 at the back and our LB options were Seddon and Cadden! But we did talk to the lad and made an offer.
We wanted Greg Leigh, but we can’t match what Ipswich offer players!
We were/are interested in taking Whyte on a permanent deal. He’s available. But would need to take a 40% wage cut. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s a deal that happens towards the end of August.
We offered Holland a deal. More money than he’s getting at MK, but he wasn’t entirely happy with the amount of games he didn’t play last season. He feels he’ll get more game time at MK. That’s fair enough.

Loan players is hard to know if close to getting. They all start training with their clubs and all go on the tours. We have spoke to Palace about the LB and Winger. Sounds like Coventry want the LB. If he’s going to get games at a level above, they’re obviously going to send him there.
We did speak to Liverpool about Morton before their tour. His performances may mean they want him around longer or a Championship club comes in.

We enquired about Findlay at the start of the summer. We was quoted more than we were prepared to pay. Once McNally was going we went back and Findlay said he wanted to leave. I believe it’s around 200k. We were quoted about double that couple months ago! He’s in the UK today. Everything’s agreed, bar putting ink on the contract.
I think we could have 4 in this week. I didn’t know about the keeper tbh. But sounds like he’s done.
Jones is all agreed and we’re close to another winger from Europe.
Thank you. The sort of post I have my fingers crossed I will see when come to this thread.

Tbh, it could be any winger in Holland provided they've played adequate minutes.

Over 1400 minutes will be ~5 points, playing in the Eredivisie will be 10.

Add that most probably being 25+ and a transfermarkt valuation <2m...narrows to around 21 players.

This is new ground for the forum, how exciting!

I’d rather we didn’t. He doesn’t deserve it based on last season.
Offering him a signing on fee might work. It would get GW off Cardiff's books. And tbh, whether we pay him (say) a £250k signing on, or as a transfer, fee makes no difference to us. If we paid a £250k transfer fee for him, most people would consider that a pretty good deal, I reckon.

Tbh, it could be any winger in Holland provided they've played adequate minutes.

Over 1400 minutes will be ~5 points, playing in the Eredivisie will be 10.

Add that most probably being 25+ and a transfermarkt valuation <2m...narrows to around 21 players.

This is new ground for the forum, how exciting!

Explains why Man Utd have pulled out of trying to sign Antony as we've gazumped them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom