Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or has KR gone very quiet no interviews, do we think he is flat out trying to sign players. I bloody hope so.
I think he knows he’ll be right criticised for the inevitable nonsense he will spout so is sending out everyone else until he has a player signed to back up his rhetoric… or something like that anyway

Piggott has gone to Pompey, anyone gutted about buying a younger striker than we have at the moment?
Only a year loan but they’re losing Harness who’s going the other way to Ipswich.
Only scored 2 in 22 last season, rather have Harness tbh

So much gel on this thread...

I know one thing. Old Salmon-pants Methven would be fuming.

He used to get apoplectic when people mentioned the g word. He would not have it, arguing that professional footballers should be good enough to just turn up and produce the goods.

[emoji23]

Like a Director of Football you mean?

No idea how that would sit with KR?
Who cares what he thinks it hasn’t worked now numerous times under his regime with him being the jack of all trades in these transfer windows, it’s time we bring in the best in class & have the foundations in place to kick on to move this club forward with or without KR at the helm, we can’t have him holding us back just to keep him sweet.

I don't get why people are upset that Karl is not doing IFollow interviews. He's clearly busy trying to get contracts agreed and negotiations over the line. We are lucky to have a manager that cares so much. I don't see other teams' managers missing interviews to do much more important things like signing players!

I do worry though that with Karl's keenness, he could be putting players off. It's a bit like the early stages of dating. If the player takes an hour to reply, Karl should take at least two hours to reply back. Treat them mean...

Chill…….Rome wasn’t built in a day. We still have a very competitive starting 11 and I’d rather wait for players who are going to improve that than just add numbers to the squad.

In KR we trust!!! COYY
Season ended on the 30th of April, the transfer window opened June 10, that's;
36 days, 13 hours, 24 mins, 2 secs, at the time of posting.
We currently don't have a first choice CB (KB worries me), LB, a fully fit or proven CDM (though I am hopeful that Smyth will have a breakthrough season) and lack pace in the forwards.

Seemingly other clubs have a third option where they have already signed players and they improved them,what a strange concept.

Season ended on the 30th of April, the transfer window opened June 10, that's;
36 days, 13 hours, 24 mins, 2 secs, at the time of posting.
We currently don't have a first choice CB (KB worries me), LB, a fully fit or proven CDM (though I am hopeful that Smyth will have a breakthrough season) and lack pace in the forwards.

Seemingly other clubs have a third option where they have already signed players and they improved them,what a strange concept.
How many days, hours, minutes and seconds until the transfer window closes?

I don't get why people are upset that Karl is not doing IFollow interviews. He's clearly busy trying to get contracts agreed and negotiations over the line. We are lucky to have a manager that cares so much. I don't see other teams' managers missing interviews to do much more important things like signing players!

I do worry though that with Karl's keenness, he could be putting players off. It's a bit like the early stages of dating. If the player takes an hour to reply, Karl should take at least two hours to reply back. Treat them mean...

My point is he should not be the one busy doing negotiations and contracts, he should be managing the team. His work on this seasons transfer targets was apparently done in January so now it should be up to recruitment/directors to seal the deals while KR trains the team right?

Be interesting to hear the views of Jerome and Nathan this afternoon. More prevaricating from the former, more straight talking from the latter. Which ever way you flip it, a total balls up from the beginning of May. There is no other logical explanation.
They will be non critical of OUFC. Rad Ox of the last few season has become toothless and won't dare to ask any meaningful question.
They will have a 3-4 min convo on how fans need to stay patient, talk about how much longer is left in the window, boden is like a new signing, Nathan will say how difficult it is in the modern era with the amount of money in league one and talk about the "big clubs" and their budgets at this level, and of course play up the importance of having a settle squad for the first time in years is and not having the "churn" that normally happens at this level.

I think he knows he’ll be right criticised for the inevitable nonsense he will spout so is sending out everyone else until he has a player signed to back up his rhetoric… or something like that anyway

I think the walk-in fridge was installed in the hospitality suite during the week. It could get very quiet.

I wonder if KR is off...thats why lack of anything?

Considering he’s got 3 years left on his contract, whoever wants to prize him away, would certainly be funding the rest of this window, and the next!

Not a chance on earth he’s going. Why even suggest it, knowing certain people will jump on that?

They will be non critical of OUFC. Rad Ox of the last few season has become toothless and won't dare to ask any meaningful question.
They will have a 3-4 min convo on how fans need to stay patient, talk about how much longer is left in the window, boden is like a new signing, Nathan will say how difficult it is in the modern era with the amount of money in league one and talk about the "big clubs" and their budgets at this level, and of course play up the importance of having a settle squad for the first time in years is and not having the "churn" that normally happens at this level.
You've got it in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom