Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fact.

Gino van kessel

Uhhhhh, Gino played 5 times in the Europa League, before he played for us? He played in a Champions League qualifier, and lost. He has never played in the Champions League, and he definitely hasn’t played in the Premier League, either.

Centre back agreed. Fee and wages done.
Just need him to get a flight over from the US and the ink on the contract!
2 years after failing to get the guy!!
Let's hope he can actually get a flight over here

Uhhhhh, Gino played 5 times in the Europa League, before he played for us? He played in a Champions League qualifier, and lost. He has never played in the Champions League, and he definitely hasn’t played in the Premier League, either.
Ricardinho played Champions League the year before he joined us didn't he? Dubes played in a Champions League semi final. Josh McEachran played 5 or 6 times as a 17 year old and has ended up at our level anyway having been described as the future of English football.

This isn't meant to slate Morton who I think would be an excellent signing but just making things up and calling them facts while patronising other users isn't a great way to make your arguments.

We are interested in a loan deal. He’s one of a few we are looking at!!

He certainly would be a ‘wow’ signing.
I'm not disagreeing on him being a wow signing I just didn't know if it was more hope than reality

He’s already played twice in the Champions League. He’s 19!!!

That’s already more than anyone, that has played for Oxford, has ever done. Fact.

You think George Baldock is a wow signing!? [emoji28]For all of the shite on this forum about signing players that have already played for us, you choose another player, that has already played for us, as your WOW signing! Jesus mate. Use your imagination a little bit…

George Baldock, for all his good looks, could only get near a Liverpool team if he was waiting for the team bus, with a shirt and a pen in his hand…

Can you name any players, like Toney, that are within our budgetary reach? Theres a reason why Toney went for so much money; because there aren’t many players like him!

We couldn’t even afford Toney while he was on loan from Newcastle at Peterborough, but you expect us to be able to sign a player of that ilk?

I hope Morton signs for us and absolutely destroys this league. Maybe then, people will understand the gulf in quality between players that have done well at our level - which in comparison, is pretty poor, and a VERY highly-rated prospect from Liverpool, like Morton.

There is a reason he was trusted enough to start in important Champions League and EPL matches for Liverpool. He’s a young kid with bags of potential, and If Jurgen Klopp can see that, I couldn’t give a handful of fook about what WanderingYellow and co think about him as a player!
A wow signing for me would be a player that’s proven at a higher level, but still capable of producing the goods at our level.

Whether we could afford them is another matter though.

A wow signing for me would be a player that’s proven at a higher level, but still capable of producing the goods at our level.

Whether we could afford them is another matter though.
That's a fair call but that type of players career is likely and more probably on a downward spiral, but they'd still seek top wages for our level. Comes under that risk category i guess

Indulge the old folk................... who?

So is it Findlay or is it the other Scottish guy we didn't get previously - Danny Wilson from Colorado Rapids.

I’m the least ITK person on this forum when it comes to us (although WY and MY do their best to prove otherwise) but I do know someone very well in at Wolves, have posed the question and should be able to clear this one up fair sharpish!
“It’s a tough one with Theo due to the bloody World Cup being in the middle of the season and before January. We want to see him in the championship but Theo wants to play as many games as possible ahead of the World Cup to give him the best chance of playing for Canada. I think the most likely move will be to L1 until January and reassess then, he’ll likely be going to the World Cup so will only be available until November anyway. There’s been lots of interest, a previous club want him back and several new suitors but nothing concrete yet”.

Not sure signing a player until November is going to help us a great deal unless we can convince Wolves to let us have him for the season!

So as it looks very likely we are signing Findlay, that puts us in a better position in regard to the Centre Backs compared to the start of last season.

Start of this season:
Findlay, Moore and Brown. Cover from Golding, Long and Mous'.

Start of last season:
Thoniley, Moore and McNally. Cover from Long and Mous' (I haven't included Golding as he was still pretty much out of the picture at the start of the season)

Only one additional option if you wish to include Golding, some don't. But in terms of the consistency of personnel, we are in a far better position:

Start of this season:
Findlay: - Permanent signing, decent pedigree, unlikely to be moving in next year.
Moore:- Just signed a longer term contract, decent pedigree, unlikely to be moving in the next year.
Brown:- Permanent signing, decent pedigree, unlikely to be moving in the next year.

Start of last season:
Thorniley: - Loan, decent pedigree. Uncertainty around future due to loan status.
Moore: - decent pedigree. Lots of uncertainty about his future at the club with his contract running down.
McNally:- unproven at the time, We hadn't seen him play, and thankfully he turned out to be a real find.

So for the start of this season we should be able to put out a consistent team selection in regard to the Central Defence with proven players and no transfer/contract issues ensuing. Hopefully we might have another surprise young signing to continue the centre back production line (if it's not to be Golding!!)

I know KR hasn't mentioned it so much in recent interviews, full-back is now the most pressing area of the team to improve on, IMO.

We are interested in a loan deal. He’s one of a few we are looking at!!

He certainly would be a ‘wow’ signing.
Let’s think this through
If Morton is a good as we are making out and has played a couple of games at the very top level I would suggest Liverpool want him to get as much football for him at the highest level
Therefore my bet is he will end up at a Championship Club near Liverpool.
Would suggest Blackpool Blackburn Preston or Burnley
Why would such a talent need to drop to League 1?

Let’s think this through
If Morton is a good as we are making out and has played a couple of games at the very top level I would suggest Liverpool want him to get as much football for him at the highest level
Therefore my bet is he will end up at a Championship Club near Liverpool.
Would suggest Blackpool Blackburn Preston or Burnley
Why would such a talent need to drop to League 1?
Good Point!, Maybe Robinson's connections with Liverpool

Given we are paying a fee for Findlay, we have to assume it will likely be a 3yr deal which would mean we'd have a 26yo and 25yo (Moore) tied down to long-term deals with their best years ahead of them. Our CB rectruitment has been superb, but this would represent a shift in the model, nailing down ability rather than potential for the forseeable. Let's hope it's a fruitful partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom