Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who think including Mousinho in our squad list after selling McNally are quite frankly crazy. He’s 36. He was saying after the Shrewsbury game how fucked he was.

McNally to Burnley leaves us with Moore as the only respectable centre back option to go for promotion/play offs. (You could include Long if we are playing a back 5 but then we’d need another RWB)

With McNally going there’s a real argument that we need 5 new defenders at at the club. Something I find unrealistic with KR in charge.

I would love to know what our initial budget is as we always seem to sign young players from Ireland for minimal fee’s or free agents. When was the last major investment on a player under KR ? 1.6mil for Mcnally I’m hoping the the board let us spend a good chunk of that. Improvement with our training ground and our record of league finishes past 3 years should attract players. Could get some decent players from league 2 etc who can make the jump. Cadden etc

There's a few people here stating some problems that have been obvious for a few seasons. We take a while to sign players, sign injury prone, past it players, etc. We also don't have a kit for sale until after the first game of the season. Clearly the planning isn't the best.
Yet some go 'Wait and see when we make a signing you'll be eating humble pie'. No one said we will make no signings, so I'm not sure what point is being made.
Our transfer activity has been good enough to avoid relegation. It has achieved nothing else.

Nothing else?

I honestly don't know how some posters deal with everyday life judging by the meltdown following a tweet or photo of a man bun!!

We've already turned down a big of £1.75m for McNally so the bid is either higher than that or has significantly better add ons. As has also been pointed out, this is about the going rate for a top end league 1 defender anyway, so anything extra is a bonus rather than a deal done on the cheap.

As for players like Mous or Jodi Jones being in the squad, this will likely be on top of a couple of younger players that won't count towards the 22. We saw last season that Mous can do a job if needed and he will complete the same rigorous fitness tests as everyone else.

Jodi Jones (if owner of said Man Bun) was fit to play last season but not selected. Of course he's had some bad injuries but they will be thoroughly tested, not just through a medical but through the rigours of a pre-season trial which is exactly what we would want. If fit, and anywhere near the form he had previously shown then he'll be a real asset for very little money.

Our transfer window will not be defined by untried youngsters or players off the scrap heap. Anyone thinking otherwise perhaps needs a head wobble themselves.

You can’t claim we have increased our budget by £1 million this year before another £2 million from McNally & seriously argue this.

It doesn’t work like that..

Sorry if already posted today. But Bristol Rovers are favourites to sign him.

If they do and we were interested in him, what are we doing wrong?

We seem to be am established top 10 L1 club, compared to Rovers.

Last edited:
I would love to know what our initial budget is as we always seem to sign young players from Ireland for minimal fee’s or free agents. When was the last major investment on a player under KR ? 1.6mil for Mcnally I’m hoping the the board let us spend a good chunk of that. Improvement with our training ground and our record of league finishes past 3 years should attract players. Could get some decent players from league 2 etc who can make the jump. Cadden etc

How much do you think we paid for Marcus Browne in January? How much for McGuane? How about the money spent securing loan deals?

We generally spend wisely, but it's not peanuts by any means.

You can’t claim we have increased our budget by £1 million this year before another £2 million from McNally & seriously argue this.

It doesn’t work like that..

What doesn't work?

He will be their No. 9 I’d have thought. We have two strikers who’d get in before him. Why would he come here to sit on the bench?

Hold on
It says Pompey Charlton and Plymouth are interested all of which are bigger than us
So ask the question to them
What are they doing wrong?

b4132a4c3525dbd37eb0a078cf3b0d65.jpg

That’s Jones as good as confirmed then! I really hope he kicks on with us, and shuts a few people up along the way! All the best to the lad. Clearly a talented player, and a low risk / high reward type of signing. I would imagine it’ll be a 1 year deal, and his salary will be subject to appearances.

I’m sure this will boil the P**s of some; and for that reason alone, I’m backing this lad! COYY!

Last edited:
I think that it's a far bolder statement to suggest otherwise.

It's a bolder statement to suggest that it's very much up in the air and we can't, at this stage, say for certain how our summer's transfer activity will be defined?

The opposite of your assertion (that our activity  will be defined by youth and crocks) would also be a bold claim, but I've not seen anyone suggest that.

No-one needs to make bold statements either way do they? It's very unclear at this stage. I'm not sure how you can be so unequivocal.
Confident maybe, but then you were confident of 2 to 3 signings last week and we had 0, so perhaps you should temper it slightly?

b4132a4c3525dbd37eb0a078cf3b0d65.jpg

That’s Jones as good as confirmed then! I really hope he kicks on with us, and shuts a few people up along the way! All the best to the lad. Clearly a talented player, and a low risk / high reward type of signing.

I’m sure this will boil the P**s of some; and for that reason alone, I’m backing this lad! COYY!

I'll look forward to wincing every time he goes in for a challenge, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom