Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t realise he’s only 24, in that case well worth a punt. Was under the impression he was 27/28

Clearly a player that can play at a higher level and at that age either good resell or plays Championship with us

How did he even get a trial? How did the professional in depth analysis of hundreds of players they look at bring him to the top of the list?!

I don't get it.

I expect that it is because he is highly rated and still young.
So IF he gets fit then he could still be a very good player. Give him a trial - why nor?

Player no one has ever seen signs for another club and they're the best thing since Kingsmill Toastie!

Player no one has ever seen has a similar haircut to someone training in Spain and they're shite!

I dispute your assertion on the Kingsmill Toastie, Kingsmill make better loaves than that. :)

Off the thread of the current over the top angst

…. I can’t help but notice that now that certain players may or may not be on trial , the new forum unicorn expectation around new signings is that we sign positions in order of importance.

No forwards until the Defence has been fully rostered.

A sick note - wonderful, are we allowed to be underwhelmed…

Could be more influential than Holland was last season even with his injury history. He's been unlucky with injuries but only 24.

I'm positive here to be fair. Exactly the type of player you take on trial to see what he's got. Nothing to lose in honesty.

Exactly this, especially if it works out like Bodin did. Jodi Jones was an excellent player before his injuries, affordable appearance based contract would be a no brained especially after offloading the deadwood on the real big bucks in Hanson and Winnall.

Really ? I don’t believe that last bit at all. Tell me, what did Matt Elliott do on his debut in the first 20 minutes that had you saying he will go right to the top ? Win a few headers ? Lundstram another, I can’t recall his debut for us but his style of play isn’t one that would immediately have you purring. Magilton ? Possibly as he had a very silky first touch and was a clearly intelligent footballer.

For me, Jamie Brooke’s was one who I immediately thought looked on a different level, sadly it wasn’t to be though. Beauchamp was another, after a few games though, but again he never made the step up. Could never have envisaged Robbie Mustoe having the top flight career he did and I guess it shows you that one good or bad game in front of a watching scout can be a players make or break and why no one should really blame a young player like McNally for wanting to seize the opportunity if it arises.
Lundstsram was incredible his first couple of months, including his debut from what I remember, I seem to remember here just won or been to the final With one of the England youth teams at major tournament when we signed him, Definitely didn’t take long for people to start talking about premiership for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom