Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 10108

10 years ago, this was our squad. Was the window poor? Of course it was. But the reaction on here can only be from people who never saw this squad play and realise where we’ve come. No doubt the doom mongers will believe we should be the new Sheff Wed (or Shrewsbury in Kips case) but come on, such short memories on here it’s unreal. The state of the entitled ‘fan base’ we have on here is just embarrassing.
And 36 years ago we were in the top flight and won the League Cup. Relativity is everything, so let's not pretend that mediocrity relative to our position now is acceptable just because we used to be in the same division as Hayes & Yeading and Histon. We've been in the League One play-offs in two of the last three seasons, and we have a budget to at least match that finish this season. Let's start acting like a football league club instead of thinking we're a bunch of non-leaguers overachieving.

Got very little credit in the bank now that’s for sure. It was only going one way before this. Now. As much as I have respect for the person he is away from football. He’s not the right manager to take this football club forward anymore.
More bothered about doing his mates favours

So it's all over , one in and supposedly two out . Disappointing to some but things,I don't think ,look that bad ! Yes OK we have injuries but if you look on the bright side our youngsters have and are being blooded to play first team football, and a good job they are doing ! As far as injuries are concerned, they clear up , I for one are looking forward to the rest of the season ! As for K.R. he hasn't done that bad over the last Three seasons Two play offs and beaten by teams that went on to win promotion , W.W and BPool ! In a way we have been spoilt and the expectations, shall I say demand , are far to high especially with the bigger teams in the division that can afford bigger wages COS THEY GET BIG CROWDS ! As the saying goes,cut your cloth accordingly, oh and yes , a lot of transfer business was done today so really K.R. was ahead of the game in that respect! Just support the team and manager and stop moaning , now I've said what I wanted I will remove my a/c ,ta,ta !

Genuinely, where is any width and pace coming from?

Also, where is the build and physical presence in the team that KR has spoken of previously?

Anyone that doesn’t think that this current squad is weaker than previously is absolutely deluded! I’m digesting what has (hasn’t) happened and I’m flabbergasted.

It’s beyond a joke just how far away this current squad is from being good enough to be a top 6 side.

We didn’t have the owners we do now back then. Different circumstances and different expectations that the owners and KR have both been very public about!
Oh get it, we have wealthy owners which should immediately mean players join a club with a 3 sided stadium who average around 7-8k a week in support depending on how well the team are doing. Why would they chose that over teams with 20k+ supporters and a recent history of being in the higher leagues. Silly me, I thought as soon as a player is available and wanted by our fans forum they should be signing for us regardless of who else is in for them, I mean this is basically football manager, right?

Bloody Thomas-Asante choosing a team recently in the prem, Camara choosing a team with the second biggest budget in the league, we should be signing these players!

View attachment 10108

10 years ago, this was our squad. Was the window poor? Of course it was. But the reaction on here can only be from people who never saw this squad play and realise where we’ve come. No doubt the doom mongers will believe we should be the new Sheff Wed (or Shrewsbury in Kips case) but come on, such short memories on here it’s unreal. The state of the entitled ‘fan base’ we have on here is just embarrassing.
No worries, I'll show the board this team and tell them not to worry where their top 6 budget has gone because we once had Michael Raynes at centre back.

Defending incompetence, defending that transfer window is not being a positive fan, it's holding this club back. We will never get this opportunity to become a top 30 club again. There will never be this money available again. The board are overseas and not overseeing the day to day running, they need to know that this is an absolute shambles, a total waste of their money and the structure of playing staff needs a overhaul / revamp.

We asked to give KR one more chance and he's not learned from his mistakes, if anything he's made far more of them, we are going backwards and we need to change it. Knowing the budget for this season at the end of last season I had never been more excited, yet now I've never been more underwhelmed.

Oh get it, we have wealthy owners which should immediately mean players join a club with a 3 sided stadium who average around 7-8k a week in support depending on how well the team are doing. Why would they chose that over teams with 20k+ supporters and a recent history of being in the higher leagues. Silly me, I thought as soon as a player is available and wanted by our fans forum they should be signing for us regardless of who else is in for them, I mean this is basically football manager, right?

Bloody Thomas-Asante choosing a team recently in the prem, Camara choosing a team with the second biggest budget in the league, we should be signing these players!

I’m positive like you and see why we missed those, but there were plenty of other decent players we could surely have got! Even shitty Shrewsbury made some signings.

I’m as positive as they come, but this has been an absolute shambles from start to finish.

We need to bring in a Sporting Director or a Director of Football, as soon as possible. Saddens me to say this, but now the window has closed and I have the benefit of retrospect, I don’t trust Karl Robinson to build a competitive team that is capable of getting us out of this division.

The only saving graces have been Bate and Joseph - 2 players on loan. 2 players that will have to be replaced at the end of the season - if not January! Findlay has been okay, and Brown is dependable. We’ve pissed away a large portion of the playing budget on wingers that are now injured, and tonight we signed Anderson, who is also not match-fit.

We have seen so so many quality players sign for other teams in our division. Teams that are no better than us. Many of these players should and would have been within our reach, if only we had the internal mechanisms in place to make those deals happen.

We supposedly had a ‘top 6’ budget and we spent it like we had no idea what we were doing. There never felt like there was a solid recruitment plan in place, and it was just Robinson w*****g himself off over Jones and Murphy for the first month of the window.

It is quite clear that our MD is too focused on the stadium. What else does he actually do? Robinson has far too much autonomy with regards to deals, who we sign, and it is clear that no one is there to scrutinise anything that he does. This really has to stop!

Something is seriously wrong with the inner workings of our football club, and from the outside looking in, we look lightweight and borderline shambolic!

I really hope I wake up to the news that we’ve signed 3 players. However, I feel as though there is more chance of Holly Willoughby giving me a blowjob with her butthole..

Last edited:
View attachment 10108

surely we should be entitled to a fit working team with enough cover for injuries?

The atmosphere in the ground on Saturday will be interesting to say the least.
Especially with the inevitable lack lustre performance we’ve come to expect from this squad.
I can imagine it won’t be pretty should the result/performance be anything like the last couple home games.

And 36 years ago we were in the top flight and won the League Cup. Relativity is everything, so let's not pretend that mediocrity relative to our position now is acceptable just because we used to be in the same division as Hayes & Yeading and Histon. We've been in the League One play-offs in two of the last three seasons, and we have a budget to at least match that finish this season. Let's start acting like a football league club instead of thinking we're a bunch of non-leaguers overachieving.
I’d take that if the same perspective was taken to sides who are much bigger than us sign players ahead of us. How dare they? We’ve got in the playoffs twice!

If we have genuinely spent a top 4 league 1 budget on transfers and wages (which I seriously doubt) then I think fans have every right to question this transfer window!! If we haven’t spent it be good for the club to explain why not and what their strategy is to ensure we finish in the top 4 come May 23 and any contingency if we’re off target at Christmas.

Got very little credit in the bank now that’s for sure. It was only going one way before this. Now. As much as I have respect for the person he is away from football. He’s not the right manager to take this football club forward anymore.
We just cant have another window like this and if that means Robinson has to go he has to go.

No worries, I'll show the board this team and tell them not to worry where their top 6 budget has gone because we once had Michael Raynes at centre back.

Defending incompetence, defending that transfer window is not being a positive fan, it's holding this club back. We will never get this opportunity to become a top 30 club again. There will never be this money available again. The board are overseas and not overseeing the day to day running, they need to know that this is an absolute shambles, a total waste of their money and the structure of playing staff needs a overhaul / revamp.

We asked to give KR one more chance and he's not learned from his mistakes, if anything he's made far more of them, we are going backwards and we need to change it. Knowing the budget for this season at the end of last season I had never been more excited, yet now I've never been more underwhelmed.
And I’m sure the season we were top of the conference and blew it, you were saying the exact same thing, we’ll never get this chance again? Your self-entitlement as to what we are as a club is incredible

So kr spunked our top 4 budget on cam bran and 3/4 injured playets. Way to go...

The comments on here are so unfair. We can't judge the window yet. We have loads of injuries. I have full faith in Karl Robinson today, tomorrow and for the rest of time
Oh just fuk off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom