Matches 2016 Promotion Special

All set here chez Lounger, chicken balti pie and chips for dinner and a fine bottle of something red. (Mrs Loungers' choice) I might just finish that off with a couple of slices of my own soda bread and cheese.

Forgot how well we played on the day. I just remember feeling incredibly tense until Maguire’s pen.

Wycombe have barely threatened at all, and our intensity has really stopped them with their hacking, spoiling, kick and run football. We’d have scored a few more on another day, with less pressure - and the likes of Roofe, Mecca, Hylton and Mags making better decisions in the final third.

what a day. I just jumped off the sofa celebrating Dunks goal!

Just finished watching (I started late!)

What a game. What a team we had. Wish we could have kept some more of that team... Appleton as well... ?

I miss football so much... so so much

Just finished watching (I started late!)

What a game. What a team we had. Wish we could have kept some more of that team... Appleton as well... ?

I miss football so much... so so much
Watching this year's FA cup replay with Newcastle earlier I think our passing game now is better than in 2016. I wasn't a fan of Robinson early doors but I love the football now (2 months ago).

It was an interesting watch and a reflection on how far the club as come in 4 years. That team had so much raw potential in it, but some of the end product was AWOL. Kemar Roofe was clearly head in the clouds in that game, did just enough but it was the likes of Maguire, Sercombe, Kenny who got the team over the line that day. Seeing Aaron Pierre act like a wuss because Hylton got into him is why I want nothing to do with him as a player.

I thought Ruffels had a really decent game too - playing in a very similar manner to his performances this season. Steady in possession, boundless energy and an engine that keeps him going up and down the left flank all game.

Hearing Jerome and Nathan describe him as ‘makeshift left back Ruffels’ every time he touched the ball - now four years later with him as our starting LB, a league higher and playing as many minutes as almost anyone - was strange. The improvement in that lad is incredible, testament to what hard work and a good attitude can achieve.

No surprise that Wilder, Appleton, Clotet and KR all singled him out as a valuable member of our squad at one point or another

I thought Ruffels had a really decent game too - playing in a very similar manner to his performances this season. Steady in possession, boundless energy and an engine that keeps him going up and down the left flank all game.

Hearing Jerome and Nathan describe him as ‘makeshift left back Ruffels’ every time he touched the ball - now four years later with him as our starting LB, a league higher and playing as many minutes as almost anyone - was strange. The improvement in that lad is incredible, testament to what hard work and a good attitude can achieve.

No surprise that Wilder, Appleton, Clotet and KR all singled him out as a valuable member of our squad at one point or another
Don't be surprised to see him retire at the club... Think he's good enough to go up with up and fight for a place in the Championship.

I'd forgot about George Waring completely and had to Google him, currently at Chester.

It was an interesting watch and a reflection on how far the club as come in 4 years. That team had so much raw potential in it, but some of the end product was AWOL. Kemar Roofe was clearly head in the clouds in that game, did just enough but it was the likes of Maguire, Sercombe, Kenny who got the team over the line that day. Seeing Aaron Pierre act like a wuss because Hylton got into him is why I want nothing to do with him as a player.
Bit harsh on Roofe, he’s was struggling with injury towards the end of the season and Had to sit out a few games in the run in

Roofe was carrying an ankle knock for the last part of the season (which I noticed a couple of the Wycombe players cynically targeting on the rewatch last night - no surprise there Ainsworth)

But he still popped up with some vital contributions. His early goal against Hartlepool - the game after that desperate 1-1 draw on Newport’s sandpit of a pitch and it felt like we were slipping away from the autos - was absolutely massive.

All set here chez Lounger, chicken balti pie and chips for dinner and a fine bottle of something red. (Mrs Loungers' choice) I might just finish that off with a couple of slices of my own soda bread and cheese.
That's living alright!

I’ve only just seen this. You absolute tease. This is filthy.
One bonus from the stadiums being locked down, Lidl picked up all the spare pies that are normally excluded from retail. Found two on a recent visit and saved them for a special moment. Seemed like a good time yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom