Current Player #20 Rúben Rodrigues

Oh how we've seen the best and the worst of RR in the last few weeks!

He was class on Saturday. Took his goals well, but also his movement, his positioning and link up play were all brilliant. He seemed to be playing quite high up the pitch, almost as a second striker at times, and this roles seemed to suit him.

More of the goals, and less of the petulance please!

Oh how we've seen the best and the worst of RR in the last few weeks!

He was class on Saturday. Took his goals well, but also his movement, his positioning and link up play were all brilliant. He seemed to be playing quite high up the pitch, almost as a second striker at times, and this roles seemed to suit him.

More of the goals, and less of the petulance please!
Agree with this but since then,like the rest of the team he’s gone missing and I would argue more so than others.
“link up “ play options have been noticeably lacking, although it did lead to 2 goals on Saturday.
Hopefully with a more settled squad we can get back to our best

Agree with this but since then,like the rest of the team he’s gone missing and I would argue more so than others.
“link up “ play options have been noticeably lacking, although it did lead to 2 goals on Saturday.
Think his slight dip in form has been more obvious because at times he has been outstanding. Think he has also been coming back from dead leg / niggles etc.

We’ll never know for sure the impact Manning’s sudden and nature of departure had on the players, but it will have undoubtedly affected them, some more that others.

Rorigues was Manning’s big coup of a signing and despite the Orient match his form has dropped off a bit. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he felt more unsettled than some by Manning’s exit.

I’m sure he’ll soon be back up to speed though, technically superb, a lovely player to watch. On his day easily Championship quality.

Rodrigues and other players have suffered through lack of rest and rotation.
Because of the horrendous injury list and the amount of games played, we've not had the scope to change things.
Hopefully with players returning from injury and new ones coming in, we will have the capability to rest those that need it.
Some players have been running on empty, it's no surprise that loss of form has been a factor.
It's testament to the players and coaching staff that we've still remained in the top six.
With players returning and new recruits, I'm optimistic that we will have an exciting second half of the season.

Wouldn't think we are 5th in the form table would you

Yeah, we've been getting results without playing that well. But when we did play the teams up there with us (Peterborough, Derby), we looked well second best. Hopefully we find the sort of form that puts us at the same level as the rest of the sides around us.

Yeah, we've been getting results without playing that well. But when we did play the teams up there with us (Peterborough, Derby), we looked well second best. Hopefully we find the sort of form that puts us at the same level as the rest of the sides around us.

Des admitted that Peterborough was the point he realised that something had to change as we were effectively still trying to work to a Liam Manning set up. Derby is a difficult one to judge as we were running on empty in the second half. Rodrigues had been ill and was fucked after an hour, James Henry was asked to play in the role of lone striker and hold up man, something he hasn't done in several years, and we were left with no wide options once Goodrham and Mills went off. I think even a halfway competitive bench would have seen us hold out for at least a point.

Back
Top Bottom