Current Player #20 Rúben Rodrigues

If Des is handing out fines for dissent then Ruben will have paid for the Xmas do singlehandedly!

He's banned for round 3 now.

Sent off last week, one of the bookings for decent, and then today he’s booked for dissent and was lucky not to go a few minutes later.

He needs to wise up and sharpish.

I think someone needs to have a word with him until he sorts his attitude out and stops getting booked for dissent he will be sat on the bench ... I said to my son the ref might be a dick you might not agree with the decision but you get on with it and be respectful what you don't do is get booked two weeks on the bounce for dissent

Sent off last week, one of the bookings for decent, and then today he’s booked for dissent and was lucky not to go a few minutes later.

He needs to wise up and sharpish.
Suspended for the third round of the cup as well.

He’s starting to let the team down needlessly.

Suspended for the third round of the cup as well.

He’s starting to let the team down needlessly.
It was just *so* childish today, he could maybe have got a free kick then a moment later one went against him, but it was early in the game and not a high stakes moment, there was no excuse.

I don’t think the ref was going to book him for the initial punch the ball incident, but then when he glanced over to the ref and flung his arm in anger it gave the ref no option as the ref then deemed that his anger was directed at him rather than being frustrated with himself.

I’m not so sure, just think he’s allowed his anger to get the better of himself over the last 2 games. Didn’t seem to care about Manning when he played against Orient!
Hopefully the coaching team can get him to re-focus .
When he’s on song. he’s a real asset.

On Saturday I thought and believe he was fouled, because I think the opposition are now targeting him, that said he does need to temper his angst because he is a super player.

Rodrigues was shown 8 yellows last season and 1 red. The season before that he was shown 9 yellows. He's a player whose personality and competitive streak means he is going to pick up bookings and miss games because of it and it's very unlikely that, at 27 years old, this is going to change, so we'd better get used to it.

I actually think his work-rate, willingness to press and tackle as well as his clear drive to win is what makes him such a special player. It's rare to have a player who will be both one of the best technical players on the pitch as well as one of the hardest working and most competitive. Maguire was similar with us, where has was worth so much more than his goals, assists and general creative play, because you also knew you also had a guy who would win fouls, wind up the opposition and do the dirty work high up the pitch.

I’m not so sure, just think he’s allowed his anger to get the better of himself over the last 2 games. Didn’t seem to care about Manning when he played against Orient!
I was talking to a league 1 scout who I know well and he told me he had watched Rodrigues a number of times when he was with Notts County, he thought he was talented but had marked him down for his poor attitude.

I was talking to a league 1 scout who I know well and he told me he had watched Rodrigues a number of times when he was with Notts County, he thought he was talented but had marked him down for his poor attitude.
Hopefully that was just a wrong choice of words from your man because I think his attitude is absolutely spot on, even if he is close to the mark.

As fans (and as someone who played the game thinking about team mates) I feel infinitely better about our chances with someone in the side who is not prepared to lose. Everything feels better and well worth the risk of him pushing his luck occasionally which will win you more games than it loses you.

We didn’t lose at Cheltenham just because of his indiscipline and the majority of games we’ve won, he’s been central to. It’s also very obvious vs Bolton how critical he is to us, our attack was not only a bit one dimensional but it lacked bite. Surprised any scout could mark him down for something that makes him stand out and the whole team better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom