EFL 19/05/2021 Lincoln City vs Sunderland match build up

Assuming Sheff Wed actually get some money as they didn't pay March of April's wages*.

*They may have since paid them but don't know either way.
Wouldn’t they have gone and got a loan from the FA to pay the wages

Haven't a clue but if they did until that it is paid back then I think they'll be under a transfer embargo.
Yep definitely also if there players aren’t paid for 2 months doesn’t that mean they become free agents and can talk to other clubs?

Glad that Lincoln won although the game had shades of our match with Blackpool about it. Sunderland had some chances (especially as Lincoln tired towards the end - that second goal was a bonus for them) and aren’t out of the tie yet.

It’s better keeping Sunderland down over either Blackpool or Lincoln. They’re always going to pack our away end whether it’s a Tuesday night or a Saturday KO. They’re a big club and a money maker. Plus, they’re the new Luton Outlaws when it comes to righteous anger and we can all laugh at that.

🎵On the river, where they built the boats🎵
[music fades, cut to clips of the crowd, the mood is hostile]
[screen graphic comes up. ‘Saturday 14th August. Sunderland 0-3 Cheltenham Town]
Fan 1: ‘Fookin’ shite, man!’
Fan 2: ‘Fook off the lot of yers.’
Fan 3: ‘H’way. I’ve s**t meself.’
Fan 4: ‘Bring Kevin Phillips in!’

And repeat.

Not sure how well the atmosphere came across from our game because I was there,but it was very good at Sincil Bank
Mind you they won

Back
Top Bottom