EFL 19/05/2021 Lincoln City vs Sunderland match build up

MarkG

Both sides would be spicy for us to face in the final (IF we got there) for different reasons...

Don’t care who wins their semi final as long as we’re playing them in the final.

• React
Reactions: m
I so hope that Sunderland miss out again. Yet another year in League Two playing little teams with small fan bases and small budgets will give their fans a wake up call.
Also, their behaviour against us at their place alongside Trevor Kettle’s inept/crooked performance and the subsequent punishments meted out by the FA, has given me another team to dislike. Grrrrr

Think Lincoln stylistically would be better for us if we get there

I so hope that Sunderland miss out again. Yet another year in League Two playing little teams with small fan bases and small budgets will give their fans a wake up call.
Also, their behaviour against us at their place alongside Trevor Kettle’s inept/crooked performance and the subsequent punishments meted out by the FA, has given me another team to dislike. Grrrrr
League Two?! You think they'll get relegated somehow as well? Fingers crossed 😅🤞

Hopefully they could enjoy Forest Green away! And lose.

Totally.

Appleton vs Robsinson is a bit of a worry. Also, I don't mind seeing Appleton do well with the obvious caveat.
To be fair Appleton's record at Wembley with us was not good! I assume that Kip called MAPP and the team at the time 'bottlers'
With play off games they are a lottery. Any team could win them as they are effectively Cup games.
That is why Blackpool fans really shouldn't be that confident

Prefer Lincoln just for the utter, utter meltdown on the Sunderland forum. Perhaps we could live stream it to this one? :)

Also, the pre-match would focus on Robinson v McAllister too much.

Agree. I want Lincoln to do to Sunderland what York did to Luton in 2010. Just imagine if that playoff final had been Oxford v Luton? The attendance would have been 70k+ and my nerves would have been twice as shredded.

I revel in Sunderland’s misery. One of those dank northern holes that the 21st century hasn’t reached yet. They think they’re massive but they’re at best a PL also ran. We lacked humility in our first season in the Conference but we came back out of it humbled and better for it. Sunderland treat League 1 with contempt and instead of learning that they’re down here for a reason and using patience and hard work to get out of it, simply turn on their players, managers and owners when they don’t win.

Keep them down here for as long as possible.

Agree. I want Lincoln to do to Sunderland what York did to Luton in 2010. Just imagine if that playoff final had been Oxford v Luton? The attendance would have been 70k+ and my nerves would have been twice as shredded.

I revel in Sunderland’s misery. One of those dank northern holes that the 21st century hasn’t reached yet. They think they’re massive but they’re at best a PL also ran. We lacked humility in our first season in the Conference but we came back out of it humbled and better for it. Sunderland treat League 1 with contempt and instead of learning that they’re down here for a reason and using patience and hard work to get out of it, simply turn on their players, managers and owners when they don’t win.

Keep them down here for as long as possible.

As the X files used to allude “they’re not alone”

Lincoln for me - after last year I can't handle losing another final to the most unpleasant of the four sides involved....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom