• Sub: Henry

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Sub: Konate

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to learn the Agincourt speech for O level english lit. many moons ago, I still remember the first dozen lines or so. An early version of 'come on you yellows'

I did not realise how rarely we have met and indeed our poor record at Abbey stadium. I was there at the infamous fixture with the first London Road coaches organised by Mick Brown, whatever happened to him? Pitch invasion and appeals to clear the area over the pa from Big Ron, I assume we lost, I cannot recall the result !
Was there for our only win. Cambridge equalised at the death only for David Rush to win it with almost the last kick....and it was at our end! Rush danced up and down along the goal line. Goalie booted the ball into the stand. Late winner again, please.

Was there for our only win. Cambridge equalised at the death only for David Rush to win it with almost the last kick....and it was at our end! Rush danced up and down along the goal line. Goalie booted the ball into the stand. Late winner again, please.
that'd do for me too, a late, late winner, I don't care how scrappy the game is- 3pts please, 1-2 or even a very unlikely 0-1

To me this feels like the Rushden away game in 2006, we had been on a similarly dreadful run for a few weeks under Talbot and we were starting to look over our shoulders and felt that we couldn't lose this one against the league's worst team. After 15 minutes we were 3-0 down. Please let's not lose this one.
I remember staring at the fixture list in that season wondering when our next win was going to come. I've been doing the same all month in this one too!

I had to learn the Agincourt speech for O level english lit. many moons ago, I still remember the first dozen lines or so. An early version of 'come on you yellows'

I did not realise how rarely we have met and indeed our poor record at Abbey stadium. I was there at the infamous fixture with the first London Road coaches organised by Mick Brown, whatever happened to him? Pitch invasion and appeals to clear the area over the pa from Big Ron, I assume we lost, I cannot recall the result !
He still works at the club

I've not got a good feeling about this one, mainly due to the fact I've got no confidence in Karl moving away from our hoof ball style (which i use in the loosest possible sense) this year, to playing a system that actually suits the players we have.

As I’ve posted previously, I think the next 2 fixtures - along with the home games against Accrington & Cheltenham, plus away at FGR - are where we need to get the majority of our points to stay up.

Not saying we’re incapable of getting any points from any of the other fixtures (FWIW I maintain our best performance of the entire season was at Hillsborough when we played them off the park and the ‘best player in League One’ fluffed his lines) - but we’re a team who doesn’t score many, doesn’t even create that many ‘good’ chances and chronically fail to keep clean sheets. That’s not a recipe for getting consistent results against the better teams in the league (or on tough away trips like Lincoln, Vale etc).

Means this game is massive. KR should’ve gone in October but this HAS to be last chance saloon. Anything less than a win today and that must be it surely. We already blew two points from one of our more favourable remaining fixtures when MK smashed us for an hour then we grabbed the draw. Failing to get anything from Burton was another big error. We can’t allow Karl to keep wasting our biggest opportunities to get the points we need to survive.

I wasn’t planning to come today but I’ve made the trip to support the team. We badly need a win here…

Last edited:
To me this feels like the Rushden away game in 2006, we had been on a similarly dreadful run for a few weeks under Talbot and we were starting to look over our shoulders and felt that we couldn't lose this one against the league's worst team. After 15 minutes we were 3-0 down. Please let's not lose this one.
Eurgh, yes, I was there, unfortunately.

Will continue to hope KR will switch to a back 3, although he is too stubborn. I'd go for

Eastwood
Long Moore Brown
Goodrham mcguane bate brannagan Fleming
Smith Joseph

No confidence we'll win this with KR still in charge. Maybe he'll finally go today

As I’ve posted previously, I think the next 2 fixtures - along with the home games against Accrington & Cheltenham, plus away at FGR - are where we need to get the majority of our points to stay up.

Not saying we’re incapable of getting any points from any of the other fixtures (FWIW I maintain our best performance of the entire season was at Hillsborough when we played them off the park and the ‘best player in League One’ fluffed his lines) - but we’re a team who doesn’t score many, doesn’t even create that many ‘good’ chances and chronically fail to keep clean sheets. That’s not a recipe for getting consistent results against the better teams in the league (or on tough away trips like Lincoln, Vale etc).

Means this game is massive. KR should’ve gone in October but this HAS to be last chance saloon. Anything less than a win today and that must be it surely. We already blew two points from one of our more favourable remaining fixtures when MK smashed us for an hour then we grabbed the draw. Failing to get anything from Burton was another big error. We can’t allow Karl to keep wasting our biggest opportunities to get the points we need to survive.

I wasn’t planning to come today but I’ve made the trip to support the team. We badly need a win here…
I have to say......."well done to you". Just return with the 3 points....nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom