6/08/22 - L1: OUFC v Cambridge United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this. Chris Williams does a really good job as comms where he is an authentic voice of the fans as well as a excellent professional. But the rest of the marketing/commercial side seems to be a revolving door of second raters with no connection to the club.

They could do a lot worse than advertise vacancies to the fan base among whom, I suspect, there is considerable expertise.

Sorry to say i can`t agree with this, i know he is a yellow through and through but imo he really needs to up his game.

Needs a new mic.
Needs to work out how the sound works so that when it goes wrong he doesnt have to wait a week for MB to come back
from his hols to fix it while we get a week of static ( Yes it happened ).
Needs to fix the issue with the extended highlights having no crowd sound.
Needs to work out how to upload videos, you press play once it starts for about 3 seconds, hit play again and its 50/50
wether an advert is going to run over the top of the interview, its sloppy.

• React
Reactions: BDJ
You realise that McWilliams is one of the key people behind the new ground?
You realise that many many clubs have had problems with their shirts due to an international supply issue?
As he should be. After years of faffing about, surely the recent stadium progress is down to the new owners' plans and big wallets though. They're proper businessmen.

Re. shirts, I accept that, however it happens every year. It's just another excuse. Part of the reason they were delayed is because nobody had sorted out a new sponsor! It took an angry Tiger 48 hours to sort it when arriving in the country.

Sorry to say i can`t agree with this, i know he is a yellow through and through but imo he really needs to up his game.

Needs a new mic.
Needs to work out how the sound works so that when it goes wrong he doesnt have to wait a week for MB to come back
from his hols to fix it while we get a week of static ( Yes it happened ).
Needs to fix the issue with the extended highlights having no crowd sound.
Needs to work out how to upload videos, you press play once it starts for about 3 seconds, hit play again and its 50/50
wether an advert is going to run over the top of the interview, its sloppy.

Exactly. Video, YouTube, social media etc. are absolutely critical these days to brand identity, reputation and the image portrayed by the club. They will be the only touchpoints for some people, who will judge the club accordingly. Not to mention the recruitment of a younger generation of fans, who know this stuff inside out. My 14-year old boy just laughs at the OUFC video output. You need to get this stuff right these days.

He's been MD for over four years and you're saying he's not in control of / doesn't have full visibility of all functions of the company for which he is responsible?! He's the top man with the big pay packet. The buck stops with him. In what other business would this be acceptable?
I've said what I've said based on my knowledge of the situation at the club. You're just displaying your ignorance of the workings of OUFC. You also seem to have a dislike of, or agenda against, NMcW.

Not going to humour you with any more replies.

I've said what I've said based on my knowledge of the situation at the club. You're just displaying your ignorance of the workings of OUFC. You also seem to have a dislike of, or agenda against, NMcW.

Not going to humour you with any more replies.

Fair enough. I guess my point is those workings need to change if the club is to progress. I'm just not impressed by McW or the commercial operation he oversees I'm afraid.

Where did they get an attendance of 8057 from. 595 away. Looked plenty of empty seats

Where did they get an attendance of 8057 from. 595 away. Looked plenty of empty seats
They include ST holders even if they turn up or not…..look at MK, Winkleman buys loads of children tickets that’s how they’ve got away with paying for all their players but this season they made some decent money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom