Home Match Day Thread +++ 18/02/20 OUFC v AFC Wimbledon +++

Just in, well that is a confidence booster. Would love Holland to have got hat trick, nice for Matty 2 get a couple and can’t forget Henry still our top goal scorer.

Ref wasn’t to great couple of decent penalty shouts and for a minute I thought he had left his book and cards in the changing room.

great save from Eastwood late in the game.

they may have been poor and it’s only Wimbledon but they’ve had some impressive results drew away at Rotherham last week and we got hammered the week before.

So in all a damn good all round performance.

COYY

Wimbledon were awful and should have had more players booked for their rather "agricultural" challenges - hoof ball anyone????

A very attacking line up by KR and a very good performance.
No weak links but in the second half Taylor was fantastic.
Gorrin coming back for the Ipswich game is ideal.
Mous is out for at least 4 weeks? Dickie is bound to get another booking so Jones or Long will probably have to play at some stage.
Ipswich could be some game.

Just in, well that is a confidence booster. Would love Holland to have got hat trick, nice for Matty 2 get a couple and can’t forget Henry still our top goal scorer.

Henry is top scorer in the league (10 to 9)
Taylor is now top scorer in all competitions (13 to 12)

Ref wasn’t to great couple of decent penalty shouts and for a minute I thought he had left his book and cards in the changing room.

great save from Eastwood late in the game.

they may have been poor and it’s only Wimbledon but they’ve had some impressive results drew away at Rotherham last week and we got hammered the week before.

So in all a damn good all round performance.

COYY

You don’t often win 5-0 and still think the ref had a stinker ?

Amazing performance, finally got our mojo back!

Browne was immense, so unlucky not to score, and great to see Brannagan clearly back to his best, and Henry playing further forward showed how much he’s been missedand great to see he’s back on form as well.

Sykes is looking like the real deal now, and Thorne got some vital minutes under his belt, and looked very assured on the ball.

Great night!
Well done Robbo and the lads!
Onwards and upwards!

COYY

Fair play, you called that right!!! ⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

???
I stand by everthing I put.
Up until tonight their worst defeats of the season were 3-1 twice, once in Aug, once in Sept.
Fair play to us that we gave them their first hammering and I'm chuffed to bits that we looked like the team we were during Oct/ Dec.
None of us saw a 5-0 coming, even you! And you're being extremely economical with the truth if you claim you did.?

Got the Mous injury spot on, sadly.

We ran rings around them too, almost took the P**s out of them in a way that is a bit cheeky, but as they are so chippy at Robbo and Mackie, feels even sweeter to do that to them. Proper mugged them off.

Not a bad performance among the players, so end product issues but exactly the performance the players needed but also a performance/result that some fans needed too. Plenty of points to play for and teams to get them on.

And this is even better

I stand by everthing I put.
Up until tonight their worst defeats of the season were 3-1 twice, once in Aug, once in Sept.
Fair play to us that we gave them their first hammering and I'm chuffed to bits that we looked like the team we were during Oct/ Dec.
None of us saw a 5-0 coming, even you! And you're being extremely economical with the truth if you claim you did.?

Some of us thought this was a possibility, my dad even predicted 5-0 before ko tbh.

(They may well have grabbed a draw at Rotherham but they are still woeful away from home with 11 defeats out of 15 so we’ve got to go into this game and attack from the off, I’ve said 3-1 on other posts but an early goal could see us smash them for more. COYY’s)

Wimbledon were probably the worst team I’ve seen this season, so happy that we scored 5 (should have gone for more), which helped as a confidence booster.

Not sure how they managed a draw away to a Rotherham on Saturday, I guess the weather must have acted as an equaliser.

Here’s hoping that we carry on this form on Saturday and the next two homes games at least.

Obviously you never want to see a player injured and if Dickie does get banned for two games we could be in trouble, but I’m so glad we didn’t play 3 at the back today...

A great performance - if there was ever a game to encapsulate the phrase 'just what the doctor ordered', it was that. Clean sheet, 5 really good, well worked goals (not penalties or long distance screamers), no bookings and no injuries. Happy days.

Before we get too carried away though, let's bear in mind that they were absolutely awful, and played totally to our strengths. As someone said further up, that was pretty much ha textbook performance in how not to play against us. We've all known pretty much all year that we can blow teams away if they let us pass it around, it's when teams press us high and sit on our deep lying midfielder that we struggle - so in that sense we haven't really learned anything tonight.

However, still great to see the return to form of some of our key, key players - Taylor with two great goals, CB nearly back to his best, Dickie imperious, Henry playing some of his best silky football.

Their keeper MOTM for me. Some unbelievable saves.
Their keeper Joe Day, weren’t we linked with him? He looked good

Back
Top Bottom