Home Match Day Thread 17/09/2022 - L1: OUFC v MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clanger with the pen? Where was you watching from? Was an absolute stone waller, born out from the fact the defence and keeper look like they have never played before & speak an entirely different language.

Been saying it for a while now but it’s time for change, Robinson has created an imbalanced squad once again and now the football is stale and boring with not one player able to play the ball forward consistently & players passing sideways and backwards on a consistent basis.

Thanks for the memories KR, but your time is up and the club needs fresh impetus and a fresh approach. Do the right thing and leave before you are pushed
I meant the penalty for us that he didn’t give.

EASTWOOD - Easty’s been a great servant to the club over the years, but I’m starting to think it might be time for a change.

I mean we did make a change - two years ago we realized that he wasn't the player he used to be, and put him out to pasture. It's mad that he's back to being first choice again, whilst still performing at the same level as he was when he got dropped

JOSEPH- Can’t fault his effort, but he’s crap.

Yeah.....he works incredibly hard, and actually has the physical attributes that you look for in a League One striker. I'm just not sure he's got much in the way of skill. Doesn't seem to be able to control a ball that's pinged into him, doesn't seem to be able to find his teammates with his flicks and layoffs and - judging from the last two games - doesn't seem to be able to hit an open goal from six yards out either.

What’s the starting XI for Charlton after today? Wholesale changes!

McGinty
Anderson Moore Findlay Seddon
Murphy McGuane Brannagan Browne
Taylor Baldock

Subs: Eastwood, Long, Brown, Henry, Bodin, Bate, Joseph​
The new manager might play a completely different system, hopefully if he is place by then.

The several times repeated phrase "I have to protect my players" was cringeworthy.

Very transparent.

Spot on.

My God, how I would much prefer that he “protect the fans”.

I would have thought that’s actually his job.

I went today and we are so lopsided , Brown is no wingback so the ball when attacking was constantly down the right between long and Henry which must have taken them 5 minutes to work out or system. The disappointment is in they only had a couple of attacks themselves but scored one and gained a penalty from the other . We take huge risk when we pass along the back line because we don’t have any pace if a bad pass goes to there forwards when in the past we have had lots of pace in our back line. We seem to wait for the ball to come to us and we lose all the second ball to win it back apart from Joseph who is the only one with any urgency to get the ball back and attack . Defensively we have Moore to come back and the rest are attacking players so I can see we will improve going forwards but I can’t see how we can improve our back line until January so we best score 3-4 goals a game

I ought to have a small caravanette with a 'Mystic man of Jericho ' placard above the front door because I forecasted and dreamt not about the things I can't have or do anymore I actually dreamt and forecasted that yesterday's game would pan out exactly to the miserable conclusion it did to a tee...highlighting what a sad b*stard I have become all of a sudden. However, in my defence I have no doubt whatsoever that a good many of the 7000+ home support probably thought, forecasted and dreamt something along the same lines too and the general mood I experienced walking back to my horse after the game and in listening to others was testament to a rot that needs to be stopped in its track pretty pronto.

COYY'S

I meant the penalty for us that he didn’t give.
Fair enough, thought you meant their one. Which was stone wall as was ours. However we didn’t deserve anything out of that game today and it would of just papered over the cracks that are appearing within the club. There needs to be a change & it needs to happen soon.

I mean we did make a change - two years ago we realized that he wasn't the player he used to be, and put him out to pasture. It's mad that he's back to being first choice again, whilst still performing at the same level as he was when he got dropped

Yeah.....he works incredibly hard, and actually has the physical attributes that you look for in a League One striker. I'm just not sure he's got much in the way of skill. Doesn't seem to be able to control a ball that's pinged into him, doesn't seem to be able to find his teammates with his flicks and layoffs and - judging from the last two games - doesn't seem to be able to hit an open goal from six yards out either.
*2 yards 🤦‍♂️😂

Spasov/Goodrahm/Bate- All full of energy and enthusiasm, but let’s be honest, they shouldn’t be getting in a league one side with hopes of promotion to the Championship, and it’s only due to our useless, clueless, incompetent, naive manager, fitness coaches, medical staff and recruitment team that we’re turning to them, in a desperate attempt to turn games around.
I'm not sure it's fair to slag off some of the behind the scenes staff when we don't really know what's going on back there. I'm sure lots of the club staff are working hard and doing a great job, even if performances on the pitch mean it doesn't feel like it.

Glad I didn't stay up to 2am to watch it. Robinson certainly looks out of ideas. He has no idea what formation to use. His last excuse will be put to the test once our injured plays come back. Unfortunately however the games ahead only get tougher.

To get only 10 points with the fixtures we had to start the season is nothing more than diabolical. To add insult to injury, is continually seeing him pick Eastwood between the sticks. Might be one of the worst transfer decisions he has made letting Stevens go ahead of him.

Fair enough, thought you meant their one. Which was stone wall as was ours. However we didn’t deserve anything out of that game today and it would of just papered over the cracks that are appearing within the club. There needs to be a change & it needs to happen soon.
There wasn’t a penalty Eastwood got his fingers to the ball but the ref and lino didn’t see it so awarded the penalty but VAR would have given it

Look how bad the squad is, he has a good team of 11-12 players and that’s it, he fell out with the best keeper also and most starts to the seasons is a shambles, this year the recruit team have been pants

Unfortunately I made the mistake of purchasing a season ticket on the basis of believing that the club were going to be aggressive in the transfer market and going for promotion this season. Big mistake that was so not only have the club got my money for the year they can count me in attendance regardless if I'm present.

So did I !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

At least what I was doing was far less frustrating and annoying !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom