Home Match Build Up 16/8/23 L1: OUFC v Charlton Athletic

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3-1 Yellows.

Up visiting for a lovely Bank Holiday weekend in the shire. My first match of the season. Bringing the fiancee, as she is called now, along with that spanking piece of jewelly weighing her hand down. I've told her to use the sparkle shining off that massive rock to put the opposition players off. If they miss a penalty towards the East Stand, you know who to thank.
I imagine if it's a massive rock then it is more likely to be paste. Sort of shines like a gemstone but probably fake.

I wanna see Negru and Brown as a cb pair
They worked well close together as left back and centre back I think they could be a good partnership

Beadle
Long Negru Brown Leigh
Brannagan Mcguane Rodridgues
Mills Harris Goodrham

Everyone has been giving Negru huge plaudits - and with good reason, he's been playing amazingly well for a 21 year-old with no professional experience.

But Moore has quietly been pretty much flawless alongside him. As good as Negru has been, he's made more errors over the last three games than our skipper.

I think it will be as you were, with Leigh on the bench tomorrow.
But the only other realistic possibility I see is Long Moore Brown Leigh. There is zero chance that Manning drops Moore when he's playing this well.

They worked well close together as left back and centre back I think they could be a good partnership

Beadle
Long Negru Brown Leigh
Mills Harris Goodrham
How can you drop Moore ?
Brown, hiw many games has he played at centre half for us?

Thank god LM picks the side.

Everyone has been giving Negru huge plaudits - and with good reason, he's been playing amazingly well for a 21 year-old with no professional experience.

But Moore has quietly been pretty much flawless alongside him. As good as Negru has been, he's made more errors over the last three games than our skipper.

I think it will be as you were, with Leigh on the bench tomorrow.
But the only other realistic possibility I see is Long Moore Brown Leigh. There is zero chance that Manning drops Moore when he's playing this well.
Could not agree more - no pun intended. Last two games Moore has been back to his best, a colossus and would be one of the first i would have on the team sheet. Brown has played well too, but is not the same physical influence in my opinion.

I also agrée reference Leigh on the bench. As much as I felt the full backs are a priority area to improve, Long and Brown both played well the last two games and deserve their place. New players need to play their way into the side as a consequence.

Beadle
Long Negru Brown Leigh
Mills Harris Goodrham
I agree, one of our best ever starts to the season is a perfect time to start experimenting with some wholesale changes.

Back
Top Bottom