Home Match Build Up 16/8/23 L1: OUFC v Charlton Athletic

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Expectation : high
Result : disappointing 1-1 draw
Cheers
Mr Pessimist

Durham based Adam Herczeg is Saturday’s referee. Appointed to the EFL in the summer of 2022.

FtEFeQeWAAE4Pr7

Got sent off in the first ever game I went to for getting into a fight with half the West Brom team. Always had fond memories of him after that!

Alex Dyer, M'Lord, Alex Dyer!
I remember he played against us for Charlton and looked like a skilful winger, then signed for us and seemed to have aged twenty years. Still skilful but very slow and quite bulky

On the subject of the game - watching the Charlton highlights from the weekend, some of their defending would have been shocking in a Sunday league game!

Unless they were missing some competent central defenders on Saturday that they'll be bringing back this weekend, or that was just a weird aberration, then we're going to tear them a new one on current form!

(so probably a 0-0 draw then.......)

I don't think we will win 4 games in a row so I predict a 1-1 draw with them getting a late equaliser

Charlton have had more possession and shot’s in all their games so far. Won’t be a walk over.

Where is the poll option?

I must vote draw like the last 3 games to hopefully see us win again.

It's a pretty good time to play them.
Dean Holden will be in trouble unless results improve pretty quickly.
It does sound as if their defence was shamolic at the weekend.

Given how much Kip has bigged them up I will be hoping we manage to keep the score below 6-0.

Was a bit surprised when I looked at the table and saw they had only managed one win and had three losses from the first four games and they are on a run of 4 straight losses in all competitions, must be an error.

Charlton have had more possession and shot’s in all their games so far. Won’t be a walk over.

That won’t be the case this weekend. We will stifle, and suffocate them. Then dictate play ourselves. It’s bloody amazing to watch us off the ball, and how LM has it drilled into the players. It’s almost as good as when we score. The high press, makes them concede possession by going long, or kicking it out of play, while trying to switch the ball left to right or visa versa.

I can see us winning 3-1 too.

Back
Top Bottom