Home Match Day Thread 16/12/2013 L1: OUFC v Burton Albion

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the game with a guy from Slovakia who was saying how he found watching football in this country boring, he loved that 2nd half and said it was a very entertaining game and how well we played.

I felt sorry for Harris today, the guy couldn’t have tried any harder to get a goal but it just isn’t going in for him. You could tell the players really want him to get a goal too.

Burton were awful but we were excellent 2nd half. We are now attacking at pace and with purpose with plenty of crosses going in.

They don't agree with you on the Brewer's forum...

"Caprice puts the cherry on the top of his abysmal performance."

"I think Caprice is one of those defenders you want as far up the pitch as possible, as he can't defend. Ideally so far up he's in the stand watching the game."

"He might as well be here on Make-a-Wish, I can't believe he's a professional footballer. He can't defend, he's mediocre going forward, scared of a tackle, and too lazy to track back when he inevitably gives the ball away."
They haven’t seen what Murphy has been doing to other full backs recently! He did a lot better than the Reading guy.

Decent result, Rodriguez makes such a difference with our lack of strikers. Certain Champ clubs are going to be taking a punt in Jan.

Pompey are winning the league, no doubt, but with a couple of decent additions, 2nd is all to play for.
Which championship clubs because 1 certainly won’t be able to?

Decent result, Rodriguez makes such a difference with our lack of strikers. Certain Champ clubs are going to be taking a punt in Jan.

Pompey are winning the league, no doubt, but with a couple of decent additions, 2nd is all to play for.
We need 3 or 4 additions in January if we are serious. Extend Bennett.

On 80 minutes I was getting worried as I could see them getting a goal against the play, you know how we've sat to deep late in games so many times and it's cost us.
But 2 late class goals made it look more like it should have been.
Crocombe played really well for them but his goal seemed to have a charmed life especially in that 10 second spell where we had 5 chances.

Be nice to win the next 3 before going into FA Cup week knowing we only need a point to stay up 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, Stevens was really good today. As was the entire team. Burton looked worse than Maidenhead in that second half, but I think a lot of that was down yo our attacking play.
Exactly. Some folk on here saying we were good but Burton looked terrible. We made them look terrible in the second by playing so well. Very chuffed for Des. I hope him and Mrs Des enjoy a nice dinner at the Ivy and a couple of drinks at the Lamb and Flag.

Burtons right back was s**t. Murphy needs to improve his end product. Wasted numerous chances once beating his man.

I just spotted that Cole Stockton was playing for Burton. I didn't even notice him when watching the match. Anonymous.

He fell over a couple of times and that's about it.

Only 2 players from Burton I would like at Oxford and that's Caprice and Crocombe back on that showing.

Funny enough Des was saying not only was Crocombe here when he was, Crocombe played against his side in Australia and then Des gave Crocombe an international call up wiith New Zealand. I wonder if he would try and bring him back here in the summer? (dependant of what league we find ourselves in of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom