Home Match Day Thread 16/12/2013 L1: OUFC v Burton Albion

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much better today e.g. we were quicker and better through the thirds. Think Rodrigues made the difference through the middle.

Again, Murphy had a good game, but again just lacked that final bit, hopefully that’ll come.

Thought Goodrham added a bit of energy/directness when he came on which aided the 2nd & 3rd goals.

Just wish we’d play more like this on Tuesday against Reading as I think we’d be 2 points better off.

It's difficult to know how good today was as Burton were hands down the absolute worst team I've seen this season. However, I'm also not sure we have created as many good chances in a single game this season as we did today. The green shoots were definitely there during the second half on Tuesday so hopefully this a sign of things to come.

Definitely the balance is better with Brown as a CB and I thought on the whole Bennett was very composed and tidy. Always looking to push forward. If that is how he plays every week, I'm surprised he was available on a free.

I thought Burton defended pretty well in the first half and wholeheartedly throughout, though they were very weak going forward.

Props to Des: he's got Thorniley out and our best CB in, brought Bennett in (and to help Fin Whossname's coming on), he made the pitch wide, played our most active midfield.

That 2nd half performance was much more like the style of play I want to see from us, on the front foot, forward thinking, winning the ball back quickly, shooting on site and always trying make things happen.

But for Crocombe, we would’ve had 6 or 7 today, would’ve love Henry to have taken one of his chances.

Stevens had his best game for us today, defensively sound, and used the ball well, with some nice passing.

Really impressed with Bennett, looks quality, get him signed permanently, and between him and Leigh, we’ve got our LB position sewn up, finally!

Brannagan was back to his best, great passing, combative, full of energy, shooting on site, and really unlucky with a superb strike in the 2nd half.

Murphy and Mills were very good today, very direct and tracked back well, and it’s great to have wide wingers again!

Thought Caprice was very good against Murphy, considering how quick and talented Murphy is, he coped very well. Maybe he’s worth trying to sign in January?

Overall, very pleased with that performance and result. Hopefully that’s the start of things to come…

Well done Des and the lads 👏👏

I thought we started to slow ok Reuben’s goal settled the nerves a bit but at 1-0 the game is still open for one shot whether it’s a bullet or a worldy or a soft deflection but they all go in then it’s game on.
But second half we upped our game and only through bodies on the line and good goal keeping kept Burton in the game then 2 worldy goals one each from Rodriguez and McGuane gave us 3 points a clean sheet and Buckingham’s first league win.
Well done OUfC and welcome to th what hopefully will be continued win’s.

I thought we started to slow ok Reuben’s goal settled the nerves a bit but at 1-0 the game is still open for one shot whether it’s a bullet or a worldy or a soft deflection but they all go in then it’s game on.
But second half we upped our game and only through bodies on the line and good goal keeping kept Burton in the game then 2 worldy goals one each from Rodriguez and McGuane gave us 3 points a clean sheet and Buckingham’s first league win.
There was a bloke on Radox earlier saying exactly the same. He didn't half rabbit on though! ;):ROFLMAO:

I thought Burton defended pretty well in the first half and wholeheartedly throughout, though they were very weak going forward.

Props to Des: he's got Thorniley out and our best CB in, brought Bennett in (and to help Fin Whossname's coming on), he made the pitch wide, played our most active midfield.
Agree, Burton's last ditch defending was definitely there but we sliced through them very easily. Even when we were more hesitant in the first half, Murphy and Mills had very scoreable chances.

I was surprised we didn't see Mr Barry Gibb doing the half time Christmas karaoke on the pitch!

I'm only going off the 2 minutes of highlights, but Brannagan spraying long quarterback style balls to the wing... That a desiBall style move we can expect to see more of? Be interested to catch the extended highlights on iFollow later to see all the stuff you guys say were missing!

3 goals, 3 points and a clean sheet. No injuries (visible ones anyhow) and not many moments thinking it could all go pear shaped, ok, barely any at all.

What's not to like? Well done Des, bring on the Saturday!

Well the moany f**kers that sit behind me in the east stand were still saying we played poorly 🤣

Hope the new stadium has a moaners section so I can avoid it.

Decent result, Rodriguez makes such a difference with our lack of strikers. Certain Champ clubs are going to be taking a punt in Jan.

Pompey are winning the league, no doubt, but with a couple of decent additions, 2nd is all to play for.

He won corners and got some scuffed crosses in but didn’t make the space he has been winning lately - Caprice kept really close to him.
They don't agree with you on the Brewer's forum...

"Caprice puts the cherry on the top of his abysmal performance."

"I think Caprice is one of those defenders you want as far up the pitch as possible, as he can't defend. Ideally so far up he's in the stand watching the game."

"He might as well be here on Make-a-Wish, I can't believe he's a professional footballer. He can't defend, he's mediocre going forward, scared of a tackle, and too lazy to track back when he inevitably gives the ball away."

I actually thought Burton were better organised than Reading and had a plan.

They might have had a plan, but it was a s**t plan, worst team I have seen this season.

Still you can only beat what turns up to play you and if it wasn’t for a little bit of wayward finishing and a ridiculous amount of goal line clearances, blocks and saves we win that 6-0 so it was a good game for us.

They don't agree with you on the Brewer's forum...

"Caprice puts the cherry on the top of his abysmal performance."

"I think Caprice is one of those defenders you want as far up the pitch as possible, as he can't defend. Ideally so far up he's in the stand watching the game."

"He might as well be here on Make-a-Wish, I can't believe he's a professional footballer. He can't defend, he's mediocre going forward, scared of a tackle, and too lazy to track back when he inevitably gives the ball away."

TBH, they sound like a lot of our supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom