Ref Watch 14/04/2024: L1: OUFC v Peterborough - Andy Davies

How was the refs performance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let it flow really well I thought. Perfect referee for the type of football played by both sides. Got the big decision right with the penalty. 8/10 for me.

First half I thought he was poor as he seemed to let everything go for Posh and blew up against us several times when it wasn't a foul. Second half didn't really notice him which is a good thing.

Missed a bit in the first half, but set his stall out early in letting things go, which suited the game ideally.
Just the type of ref needed when both teams are going at each other.
Got the big decisions right as well.
No complaints from my end.

Not a single booking in the game.

Not a difficult game to ref, but tried to let it flow and in general was even handed.

7/10

Decent enough performance. One booking for the penalty and not a lot to do really. One of the best this season

Is it just me or has there been an improvement in the officiating this season? Or it might be that we seem to have had a few decent ones lately and that’s blurring the over all standard!

Is it just me or has there been an improvement in the officiating this season? Or it might be that we seem to have had a few decent ones lately and that’s blurring the over all standard!
Ref’s are always better when we win.
There are still some stinkers around though.

Seemed to let queue a few rugby tackles to, but did it for both sides, so fair enough, I guess

Started poorly, missing several blatant fouls one way and blowing up for them the other. Settled down and was largely invisible in an easy-to-ref game.

Didn’t notice him which is always a good sign. Let the game flow and got the penalty right.
8/10 for me.

Started poorly, missing several blatant fouls one way and blowing up for them the other. Settled down and was largely invisible in an easy-to-ref game.
That's exactly what I thought. He took a while to give a foul in our favour after several fouls on our players.

7 from would have been 8 felt 2/3 decisions Weren’t given fouls on Oxford players that seemed nailed in, but overall I was happy with him and would put him in the ( one of the better ones ? Bracket

I'm sure the guy who gave the penalty away was booked...but nothing on official reports.

Yes you’re right, just seen it on the highlights.

Didn’t notice it at the time as I was too concerned about who would take the penalty with Brannigan missing!
I didn’t need to worry.

Generally quite good, though should have given a drop ball when the ball hit him in the 2nd half, luckily it fell in our favour.
I thought you were also supposed to give a drop ball if the ball hits a balloon or something?

Back
Top Bottom