125th Anniversary Game

Nah stay on your beautiful holiday whether it be the Caribbean or Clacton on sea anything is more beat than something happening at OUFC
Thats jogged my memory. Went to Clacton when we beat them 6-0 in 1960. Earlier we beat them 5-1 at the Manor.....still beats me up that we actually conceded a goal.

Fair play to the club, they are pushing and publicising this well with some good marketing ideas and PR. Hope it's a huge success.

Is it Headington United v Shrewsbury Town on Saturday ?
..... Ive been an OXFORD United supporter from the first season the name was changed from Headington United (oppossed vehemently by Oxford City at the time)...... first Match I went to was on an Easter monday , we lost at home (1-3 I think?) to Bath City , who we emphatically had beaten at theier place a couple of days earlier (3-0 ...I think? ).... that said apart from 20months living on BBLeys & a couple of years in Abingdon Ive lived in Headington OX3 for most of my life..... Its Oxford United (celebrating 125 years as a football club, just under 70years of which were as Headington United) V Shrewsbury Town ..... with OUFC paying homage to our history by wearing HUFC colours

wonder if Shrewsbury town will be wearing their home kit of Yellow & Blue on Saturday?
If they do, chants of yellows, yellows, yellows from the home supporters, for a team in Orange could come across a bit strange to any daytrippers ? :unsure:

Apart from playing in orange what else is happening at the match?
Should we be taking to our seats earlier than usual (or stay in them at HT) for a parade of former players?

Looks to me that it will be 8500 to 9000.
Disappointing in some ways but it's justacshane that we aren't a lot further up the table for. A crowd perspective.
I just doing a bit dot reviewing. Without actually counting, just quick scan I reckon about 8,000 sold to date.
Home end has 10,000 seats. Probably around 500 left in North Stand, 800 in east Stand and 700 in South Stand.
So hopefully crowd will get up to 9,000 by Saturday, incl away fans.
Really need the king of dot counting, Colin Barson on the case.

Apart from playing in orange what else is happening at the match?
Should we be taking to our seats earlier than usual (or stay in them at HT) for a parade of former players?

Not sure but the Ultras have an excellent display in the East Stand for when the players come out.

Re: Getting permission to wear a different kit. The EFL rules state a team can wear an alternative kit from their registered colours at home ONCE each season. Therefore, don't expect to see a new 2019 kit worn on the last home game of this season (we've played our card).

I'm pretty sure the same set of rules state the alternative kit must be manufactured by the clubs usual supplier. Which is why the club have opted for Puma's rather orange shirt (Puma no longer offer gold). This rule regarding kit manufacturers also covers sponsors, which is why we had to ditch launching the new Puma kit on the last home game of the 2017 season.

Re: Numbered shirts and player issued shirts. We did a near identical thing for the Checkatrade final against Cov. Fans could buy shirts numbered "016 of 100", which were separate to the player issued shirts.

I just doing a bit dot reviewing. Without actually counting, just quick scan I reckon about 8,000 sold to date.
Home end has 10,000 seats. Probably around 500 left in North Stand, 800 in east Stand and 700 in South Stand.

The club site suggests that there are 10,000 expected but I reckon 9k like you.

Re: Getting permission to wear a different kit. The EFL rules state a team can wear an alternative kit from their registered colours at home ONCE each season. Therefore, don't expect to see a new 2019 kit worn on the last home game of this season (we've played our card).

I'm pretty sure the same set of rules state the alternative kit must be manufactured by the clubs usual supplier. Which is why the club have opted for Puma's rather orange shirt (Puma no longer offer gold). This rule regarding kit manufacturers also covers sponsors, which is why we had to ditch launching the new Puma kit on the last home game of the 2017 season.

Re: Numbered shirts and player issued shirts. We did a near identical thing for the Checkatrade final against Cov. Fans could buy shirts numbered "016 of 100", which were separate to the player issued shirts.

What do you reckon for Saturday ? Orange shirts with black trim, black shorts and orange socks?

Don't worry, I dusted down the old spreadsheet and have had a couple of sessions of dot counting yesterday and earlier today. We were at about 7,900 earlier today, taking into account that all boxes are sold, up about 250 from yesterday. I'd expect about 500/600 tomorrow and Saturday, so 8,500 plus the away fans, meaning it might just top 9,000. Hopefully there will be a late rush, as the target was 10,125, but sad to say, results have taken their toll on the gate.

One frustrating effect of our lower crowds this season is that there are a lot more dots to count, making it a far slower process, so I'll only do it for the bigger games.

:unsure:[/QUOTE]
..... Ive been an OXFORD United supporter from the first season the name was changed from Headington United (oppossed vehemently by Oxford City at the time)...... first Match I went to was on an Easter monday , we lost at home (1-3 I think?) to Bath City , who we emphatically had beaten at theier place a couple of days earlier (3-0 ...I think? ).... that said apart from 20months living on BBLeys & a couple of years in Abingdon Ive lived in Headington OX3 for most of my life..... Its Oxford United (celebrating 125 years as a football club, just under 70years of which were as Headington United) V Shrewsbury Town ..... with OUFC paying homage to our history by wearing HUFC colours

wonder if Shrewsbury town will be wearing their home kit of Yellow & Blue on Saturday?
If they do, chants of yellows, yellows, yellows from the home supporters, for a team in Orange could come across a bit strange to any daytrippers ? :unsure:
Greenhorn.

I'm bringing along my Norwegian girlfriend tomorrow to her first ever football game.

Will it still be £12:50 on the day?

As a rule Im totally opposed to the naffness of half n half scarves, not to mention football , to me , is about rivalry, so why anyone, ANYONE would actively choose to sport the colours of a rival team is beyond me. Like everything, there is an exception to the rule, albeit 1 exception... as the 125th anniversary puma training top with badge n unique number at £75 is way beyond what Im comfortable in spending on a bit of memorabilia/tat .....I may well wear the only half n half scarf I own to saturdays match .....I think its a missed oppertunity by the club to not have produced a 125th anniversary version of said half n half scarf ? ...........

View attachment 822

I’ll be wearing that one too

Not sure but the Ultras have an excellent display in the East Stand for when the players come out.
How much did the Ultras eventually collect from the donations for new flags?

Back
Top Bottom