Away Match Day Thread 12/03/24 - L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there's an arrogance to thinking we can play slow, methodical football week in week out and not expect other teams to work it out. I think there's an arrogance to not changing tactics and/or approach when you're 2-0 down at half time and haven't laid a glove on your opponent.

Admittedly emotions are high after a 5-0 defeat, but I think Des needs to forget about his previous successes and his preferred style of play (although I'm still not 100% what that is beyond get it out to the wingers and hope they can somehow find a way to get a shot off), and find a way to consistently win games.

It's just not good enough.

We did change shape at half time.

Ok. Who’s the third then ? If you know two you must know three - why wouldn’t you ?
he hasn't a clue. He will pick the next underperforming player (gulp) over the next few games and go for him and claim he knew it back in October. Greg Leigh 2-1 favourite, Bodin, Brown, Stevens?, may even go left field and pick Brannigan.

Are we a better side with Des (No) with the exception of Murphy has any player improved since he's been here (No)...start to finish utterly embarrassing tonight, no point making the play off it would be a repeat of Blackpool play off games…time to start planning for next season and whether Des should be at the helm…

And yet the same frauds who pretended to play for us tonight will be expecting clubs to want their services in the summer.

On tonight's showing, they won't even get in the Dog and Duck 2nd team next season.

Not even their Aunt Sally team.

I genuinely think hell be sacked after this.
I dont
Tonight was down to the players.

Some were shamelessly unprofessional. In front of a national TV audience.

You don’t bother with the muck and nettles, you’ll get gubbed.

Whether it’s Bielsa, Des, or Tom
Cruise in the dug out.
its a good job Arsenal are playing 90 %
Of viewers will be watching them

We did change shape at half time.
We tried to match Bolton but we did nothing to change the game or take it to them. I cannot for the life of me understand why he won't play Goodwin and Harris up top together?

Look, I'm not saying the players are blameless for tonight. Pretty much to a man they were poor. I think the likes of Brown, Leigh, McGuane and Rodrigues need to have a long, hard look at themselves as their performances since Des came in have been nowhere near the standards they set in the early part of the season.

But Des too is at fault. He's been too tactically rigid and doesn't seem to be able to motivate the players. He's had enough time to get some messages across, but there just doesn't seem to be any sustained improvement.

I'm not saying I want him out (I'm probably one of very few that won't call for his head just yet), but he needs to get his act together very, very quickly.

And yet the same frauds who pretended to play for us tonight will be expecting clubs to want their services in the summer.

On tonight's showing, they won't even get in the Dog and Duck 2nd team next season.

Not even their Aunt Sally team.

I think my Aunt Sally would have put in a better performance tonight. And Worzel Gummidge for that matter.

I don’t think there was a single offside decision all game was there? In a way that shows the naivety of our defence, as well as our forwards chasing a couple of hoofed long clearances.

Brown’s performance tonight was appalling and he can’t be absolved from blame for his contribution to that shambles.

His standards have dropped alarmingly since Buckingham came in. He’s been so poor.

Greg Leigh has regressed too - he was unrecognisable tonight. Exposed but had little support.

Back
Top Bottom