Away Match Day Thread 12/03/24 - L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least this game settled whether we should be negative or positive. Now for a good old misery wallow.

I donโ€™t think there was a single offside decision all game was there? In a way that shows the naivety of our defence, as well as our forwards chasing a couple of hoofed long clearances.
Cumming made a brilliant save from Bodvarsson early on but it was offside, it was hands down the best bit of play any Oxford player managed so almost a shame to see it count for nothing.

Brownโ€™s performance tonight was appalling and he canโ€™t be absolved from blame for his contribution to that shambles.

His standards have dropped alarmingly since Buckingham came in. Heโ€™s been so poor.

Greg Leigh has regressed too - he was unrecognisable tonight. Exposed but had little support.
Brown has always been s**t, said it ages ago heโ€™s not very good. People just didnโ€™t want to hear it.

I donโ€™t think there was a single offside decision all game was there? In a way that shows the naivety of our defence, as well as our forwards chasing a couple of hoofed long clearances.

Cumming made an excellent save for a Bolton chance that was offside.

I wish heโ€™d saved that good bit of goalkeeping for his f**k up with Leigh.

No one played well even the subs who come on u didnโ€™t make you wanna start them next week

Much as Iโ€™ve wanted Des Buckingham to succeed at Oxford, it became crystal clear tonight that the directors made the wrong choice. An expensive choice. I donโ€™t recall a single effort on goal. What is wrong with Goodwin that he canโ€™t start, and dare I say it, Cumming looks the wrong choice..,Cheltenham look to have a better keeper than we do.
Iโ€™m normally Brannagan biggest fan and he was uninterested tonight.
I really believe the dressing room has been lost and I donโ€™t envy the task the incoming manager will have sorting the shambles out.
As for a choice of a new manager. Andrew Crofts, maybe, but definitely not Appleton, Robinson or any journeymen wanting to enter the fray

Not in the mood. I get f*****g pissed off, watching OUFC atm, so now isnโ€™t a good time.
Ainโ€™t just on Des. He needs to go but f**k me about half that side should never play for this club again as they are literally taking the P**s

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine if Karl Robinson had spent ยฃ400k on a player who, months later, isnโ€™t fit enough to start games and is seemingly still carrying an injury. People would have an absolute meltdown.

Telling that whenever the camera panned on to one of our players they look utterly pissed off and are usually arguing with their team mates. It looks a camp divided, the way we were set up lent itself to getting completely overrun and that's what happened. It must be incredibly frustrating getting picked off constantly by a team who know what they're doing, not to mention embarrassing. Not helped by some of your team mates completely phoning it in either.

Brown has always been s**t, said it ages ago heโ€™s not very good. People just didnโ€™t want to hear it.
I don't think Brown isn't s**t. He is a basic defender and a good one at that, he IS not made for receiving the ball endlessly and creating attacks with little passes - which is what he asked to do time and time again. He is the wrong player to be asked to play like that

I don't think Brown isn't s**t. He is a basic defender and a good one at that, he IS not made for receiving the ball endlessly and creating attacks with little passes - which is what he asked to do time and time again. He is the wrong player to be asked to play like that
He canโ€™t pass the ball ten yards and turns slower than the titanic & we all know what happened there!

There was. A stunning save from Cumming too.

#pickyourmomentslad

People say about are defenders passing but who are they suppose to pass to when u have mcguane Rodrigues brannagan who stand behind there marker like a museum statue , people say the back line pass side ways thatโ€™s the reason why if u canโ€™t see the midfielders donโ€™t want the ball and when they do get it they pass back to the defence

Back
Top Bottom