Away Match Day Thread 12/03/24 - L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said it before mate. I knew of three players that had downed tools.

Everyone ripped me for it, but itโ€™s true. RR and MM are two of them.
I was one that thought it was rubbish at first, but it's never been more obvious than tonight. Des has been thrown under the bus by those two in particular. As much as I've strayed into the Des out camp tonight, I equally want both of them gone too because their performances since Manning left have been beyond unacceptable.

Is it just me or is there something very wrong about giving the players the day off after that farce? They said the need to get to the bottom of it quickly and move on. How about getting all of them in and sorting it?! They could still get them in the afternoon. There needs to be consequences to a defeat like that. This is his opportunity to show some tough management but no, you can all relax for a day! No wonder they produce crap displays like that on a regular basis

ยฃ150 MILLION - ยฃ150 f*****g million and we have a clown in charge of what happens on the pitch? WTF is going on?

btw I'm not a "Des lover" or anything, I don't know the man, and I have no reason to support him particularly. He's done a poor job so far. But I have lived through enough years of football to know that judging a manager too early is unfair, and that they can grow into a role, even after a start that is between slow and just plain bad. I believe in general people deserve a proper chance, whoever they are, and whatever they do. ANd we have a very good example in our recent history in Appleton, who was pretty ropey for most of his first season.
Please not tonight Jester
Read the room

Tbh Iโ€™m not convinced Short is more than a weathervane coach who does whatever his manager tells him to without question.

He was seemingly part of the problem under Karl and is doing nothing to help Des, but he wins one game to Leyton Orient and suddenly heโ€™s the messiah. I donโ€™t get it.
To be fair that's what a coach is there to do. He's not an assistant manager and will be earning a fraction of the wage the manager and senior pros take home.

Go away you silly prick. I said it long ago.

Not in the mood. I get f*****g pissed off, watching OUFC atm, so now isnโ€™t a good time.

Go play on ya bike with traffic.

Whoโ€™s the third player ? You said you knew of three.

You can call him many things but I donโ€™t think arrogant is one of them.
I think there's an arrogance to thinking we can play slow, methodical football week in week out and not expect other teams to work it out. I think there's an arrogance to not changing tactics and/or approach when you're 2-0 down at half time and haven't laid a glove on your opponent.

Admittedly emotions are high after a 5-0 defeat, but I think Des needs to forget about his previous successes and his preferred style of play (although I'm still not 100% what that is beyond get it out to the wingers and hope they can somehow find a way to get a shot off), and find a way to consistently win games.

It's just not good enough.

Back
Top Bottom