Away Match Day Thread 12/03/24 - L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good! So he should be.
Sorry but Des has to take a large proportion of the blame. The way he sets up the team and the mentality of his approach just isn't good enough. It's utterly predictable and, in my opinion, verging on arrogant.

I really, really want it to work out for him. I wanted him to be appointed, but we've been so, so poor since he arrived. Hopefully this is his 5-1 loss to Cambridge moment, but I'm just not convinced he has the requisite ruthlessness to make the required changes.

The club better fine each and every player tonight and use the money to refund each and every away fan for tonights abject shambles.

It's the least they can do to own this.

Sorry but Des has to take a large proportion of the blame. The way he sets up the team and the mentality of his approach just isn't good enough. It's utterly predictable and, in my opinion, verging on arrogant.

I really, really want it to work out for him. I wanted him to be appointed, but we've been so, so poor since he arrived. Hopefully this is his 5-1 loss to Cambridge moment, but I'm just not convinced he has the requisite ruthlessness to make the required changes.

You can call him many things but I don’t think arrogant is one of them.

Play offs! Play offs! Must be joking you’ll likely have to beat Bolton to go up this year. Not a chance.

To be expected really, when you have a squad of weak, spineless players, and an amateur manager who knows absolutely nothing about football, you're gonna struggle.

Throw in a clueless player recruitment team, and you're bang in trouble.

Big changes needed in the summer, starting with the manager...

Anderson is a way, way better right back than either Long or Stevens. And he’s so far ahead of both at right wing back they can’t even see him.
Indeed part of the problem with Anderson was that none of our defenders could ever see him

btw I'm not a "Des lover" or anything, I don't know the man, and I have no reason to support him particularly. He's done a poor job so far. But I have lived through enough years of football to know that judging a manager too early is unfair, and that they can grow into a role, even after a start that is between slow and just plain bad. I believe in general people deserve a proper chance, whoever they are, and whatever they do. ANd we have a very good example in our recent history in Appleton, who was pretty ropey for most of his first season.

Des has just said he will get it right ,so that's 9th after Saturday then.

Sorry for being right all along about Des. But nobody listened and it’s too late now. From second in the league into midtable obscurity and season over already. Truly a DESaster and how he ever got appointed will remain one of life’s mysteries.

I was at the game against Cheltenham - a struggle to beat a terrible team but many of the DESciples on here got a bit excited.
You may well be right JS2, but the cheap DESciples shot is unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom