Away Match Build Up 10/09/2022: L1 - Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
FA Trophy and Welsh league are still going ahead, which seems a bit disrespectful. I see that European football is still going ahead, which I guess is fair enough, but it would have been better if we could have been consistent in postponements this weekend at least.
FA Trophy isnt

Whatever happened to choice? If I wanted to stay at home and mourn I can. If I want to observe a minute’s silence at a game I can’t.
The games should be played and individual’s left to choose. “Authorities” are too quick to make decisions for us .
I agree it is sad and the queen was a great woman but life must go on and it's about time we did away with this ridiculous rules where the peasants us are overruled by the privileged few.

Should not be happening if they are stopping football talk about ridiculous.

Many people taking part will be running for hundreds of different charities and the event raises millions of pounds. I’m not arguing the case as I agree all sport be treated the same either way, but it’s probably the reason it’s going ahead.

You can't really compare an unplayable pitch to the Queen dying at a good age of 96. Already mentioned above fans could of celebrated her life at every game at the weekend. Even kids football has been cancelled at the weekend which I'm sure the Queen herself would not of wanted.

I saw that about the kids games, it’s very hard for children to understand all this but having a minutes silence before there games would of been a good way for them to be involved for me.

Many people taking part will be running for hundreds of different charities and raising millions of pounds. I’m not arguing the case as I agree all sport be treated the same either way, but it’s probably the reason it’s going ahead.
I just think we the people should of had a say at least

What do you want, a national referendum held within 24 hours?

Maybe for this one moment in the country's history we can go without a game of football.

I'm not bothered about our game being postponed but why have they cancelled all kids football? So the kids have gone to school but can't play a football match tomorrow. It's the you can't go out unless your going to work or exercise covid restriction farce all over again.

I'm not bothered about our game being postponed but why have they cancelled all kids football? So the kids have gone to school but can't play a football match tomorrow. It's the you can't go out unless your going to work or exercise covid restriction farce all over again.
Yeah it would be nice if kid's football was allowed to go on - I was mostly thinking about professional football.

I’m in Italy it’s striking how every newspaper here has a big picture of her on the front of the paper. I am genuinely 50/50 on wether the games should be called off. It’s got to be good for our injury list!

You can't really compare an unplayable pitch to the Queen dying at a good age of 96. Already mentioned above fans could of celebrated her life at every game at the weekend. Even kids football has been cancelled at the weekend which I'm sure the Queen herself would not of wanted.
I can understand cancelling mass gatherings where people will be drunk and jolly - to reinforce the fact that it's a big event. But seems very odd to cancel the club's under 16 and under 18 games - there wouldn't have been any spectators.

Whatever happened to choice? If I wanted to stay at home and mourn I can. If I want to observe a minute’s silence at a game I can’t.
The games should be played and individual’s left to choose. “Authorities” are too quick to make decisions for us .
What choice have you given the players, officials of the football clubs.
Just maybe they want to have their own time to reflect on our countries loss.
Just considered your own selfish wants.

What choice have you given the players, officials of the football clubs.
Just maybe they want to have their own time to reflect on our countries loss.
Just considered your own selfish wants.
None of us have been given a choice to not work. We are all still working, train drivers, bin men etc. Schools and shops are open.

I am genuinely 50/50 on wether the games should be called off. It’s got to be good for our injury list!

That is until three of our squad injure themselves on Saturday afternoon doing DIY round the house.

giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure a fair few children's football clubs will still be training instead of playing this weekend.

I see that the RFU have also said that all rugby games/activity can go ahead this weekend.

Attachments

• Rugby Union to go ahead this weekend.pdf
    201.5 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom