Away Match Day Thread 09/01/2024: BSMT - AFC Wimbledon vs OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t even fill the bench. Really down to the bare bones tonight..

If we’re going with a back 3 of Smith, Golding, Thorniley, that’s a relatively inexperienced combination, so I’m not surprised that Eastwood gets the nod.

Very young bench, youngest ever?

Moore, Brown, & Rodrigues, all being rested with McGuane on the bench is no bad thing for the wider picture. League is far more important going forward.

Looks like it, for me in exile.
But you poor folk in the UK can find it on fawanews.com. Be patient, it only starts a couple of minutes before KO.
It's on iFollow in the UK - only Saturday 3pm games are blocked

If we’re going with a back 3 of Smith, Golding, Thorniley, that’s a relatively inexperienced combination, so I’m not surprised that Eastwood gets the nod.

Very young bench, youngest ever?

Moore, Brown, & Rodrigues, all being rested with McGuane on the bench is no bad thing for the wider picture. League is far more important going forward.
Bodin rested too. Good to see some kids.

Looks like we’ve surrendered before a ball is kicked. Mind boggling line up.
There's enough there to get the win and rest the depleted squad. They need protecting because even when the injured players are back, they're not gonna last 90 minutes in league games.

Eh? It’s weirdly strong, no? Not sure why Brannagan and Harris are being risked.

Presumably hope is we wrap it up early and can give the youngsters a run out.

Exactly what I was thinking - that's a stronger team than I would have preferred to see tonight.

With Gorrin seemingly now gone, I guess either Cam or McGuane had to play. But I would 100% have had GOD starting over Harris, and put the latter in cotton wool (alongside RR, Moore, Brown, Bodin and whoever doesn't play out of Cam/MM) before Saturday. I would probably have played Woltman instead of Goodrham to save Tyler's legs as well.

Good to see the players come out. Empty stadium and no Radox made me think we'd got the wrong day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom