Away Match Day Thread 08/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 2nd Leg - Peterborough vs OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Hope we win of course, but their outright arrogance about thinking they'll roll us over makes you want it even more

Last edited:
I hadn't realised until I listened to the Dub that we played out the closing seconds with 10 players, as Browne didn't come back on after going down (and we'd used our sub windows). Apparently neither he nor Goodrham were out to celebrate at the end either.
how is browne still getting on the bench? He really isn't adding anything at the moment. I know we've not got the depth (God I wish Burey wasn't this elusive question mark of a man) to have lots of obvious others but my heart does nothing but sink when he is subbed on at the moment.

The moment that final whistle goes, and Jerome saying Oxford United on another March to the Arch. I love him!!!

We are so lucky that we have him leading from the front, on Radio Oxford. Rosie “unbelievable” sounded like he said it with a tear in the eye. I sometimes get annoyed with his views on the radio, but you can fault the man’s passion and service he’s given the club and community for all these years.

Browne was definitely back on the pitch defend the last throw in on 97 mins.

He’s #11 with his arm up here.
Interesting - did they get it wrong on the Dub then, or did I misinterpret?

I hadn't realised until I listened to the Dub that we played out the closing seconds with 10 players, as Browne didn't come back on after going down (and we'd used our sub windows). Apparently neither he nor Goodrham were out to celebrate at the end either
Tyler Goodrham came out at the end with a boot on? Definitely saw him clapping fans and celebrating.

Hahahahahaha, this article is comedy gold.

Hahahahahaha. They don't do the dark arts at all apparently, here are some corkers:

"They also refuse to resort to the ‘dark arts’ to win matches."

"They ran them ragged, whenever they could avoid the constant cynical fouling"

An ‘heroic victory’ claimed followers of the visitors, after watching a game play out in the style of a lower league club battling to success against far superior opponents."

"And while struggling referee Andrew Kitchen, a man with a record of rubbish decisions at London Road, was guilty of failing to issue what should have been several mandatory cautions, and was too happy to indulge some blatant gamesmanship"

The author is utterly delusional and is blind to what Peterborough do such as cynical fouls (1st leg vs Josh Murphy), slowing the game down towards the end in the 1st leg (as we did as well) etc etc. He also has amnesia over us utterly hammering them 5-0.

I mean some of those cynical fouls we committed were when in the first couple of minutes Harris was pulled to the ground by there centre back and they got given a free kick, foul count is going to be quite high when that is given against you.

We took our time and made it hard for them, did whatever an away team with a lead to defend in a second leg would sensibly do but I don’t think it was particularly extreme, you can tell it’s desperate when they are claiming a penalty for a shot that hit someone on the chin, would have far stronger claims if we were that ruthless.

Last edited:
I mean some of those cynical could we committed are when in the first couple of minutes Harris was pulled to the ground by there centre back and they got given a free kick, foul count is going to be quite high when that is given against you.

We took our time and made it hard for them, did whatever an away team with a lead to defend in a second leg would sensibly do but I don’t think it was particularly extreme, you can tell it’s desperate when they are claiming a penalty for a shot that hit someone on the chin, would have far stronger claims if we were that ruthless.

Exactly we did what we needed to do on the night but not in an extreme way.

We’re a footballing side, but all good sides need a plan B when necessary and finding a way to win.

The second leg at Peterborough was no where near the level of an Ainsworth Wycombe, Evans Stevenage, or Lincoln side this season.

Exactly we did what we needed to do on the night but not in an extreme way.

We’re a footballing side, but all good sides need a plan B when necessary and finding a way to win.

The second leg at Peterborough was no where near the level of an Ainsworth Wycombe, Evans Stevenage, or Lincoln side this season.
Agree, we weren’t cheating like Lincoln or old Wycombe, plus our players aren’t all giants!

Back
Top Bottom