Away Match Day Thread 08/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 2nd Leg - Peterborough vs OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Hope we win of course, but their outright arrogance about thinking they'll roll us over makes you want it even more

Last edited:
We are doing alright Peter rabbit have had some chances but we’re defending well … on my third pair of shorts drank lots of beer now bring on the second half 😁😁😁

Not our best half, but both sides punished for a couple of hapless defensive errors.

Otherwise I don’t think we’ve done a bad job of stifling the game and they’ve had to work hard for their chances in open play.

Very, very difficult now for Des to stick or twist. Rather him than me.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Another goal from us and it’s done. Time for a hero.

You look at the Posh bench and they do have options.

Don't know what to make of that half. I don't care. 45 mins to Wembley.

• Haha
Reactions: Ian
Why weren't the Peterborough players booked for the foul for the free kick and the handball for the pen?

Don’t care about the performance just need to not concede now. But we’re way better as an attacking force

Wow. Just before they scored, I thought we'd do well to keep it at nil-nil.

After the goal, I thought, keep it at 1-0 till halftime.

Then their defender decided he was the goalie.

My guts are all over the place.

We need to be strong for the first 20 minutes, hold the ball, don't concede, don't have anyone sent off and then nick another when they're forced to push on. Easy.

Come on Oxford.

Plenty of fight, but we have to get on the front foot more. Can't afford to keep giving away possession cheaply and losing all the second balls. Everything we do looks almost accidental.

That said, we knew how difficult it would be. Good opposition, good game all round.

Not a bad half. The goal was coming, but as I’ve said I believe in the plan. We just need to execute better and get the ball to the wings quicker in the transition. I think Posh are setting up well to nullify Dale but Murphy has the right back on toast every time he gets the ball.

Back
Top Bottom