Away Match Day Thread 08/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 2nd Leg - Peterborough vs OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Hope we win of course, but their outright arrogance about thinking they'll roll us over makes you want it even more

Last edited:
I started really well, convinced myself that I wasn't tense as it was a free-hit since we'd already done better than I expected, and I attacked my work with some gusto.

I now realise this was all a perversely elaborate self-ruse.

What's the world record for the most dumps attempted in a single afternoon?
Just shows the nerves control the bowels.

I love this club, but that truly is a right f*****g dirge
Yeah, agreed. He could at least have played 'U Are My Sunshine' by The OUFC Squad with ATL? and Sam from Beaker from the OXCD compilation CD.

Is street parking okay in Stanground?

We parked near The Coalheavers Arms in December, but certain that will be chocka as we only just found a space then.
Yeah you should be ok around Church Street in Stanground, I don't think it's permit holders, but make sure you check!

Around the Coalies is fine too if you get there early enough, that's where we always go.

Try Charters, it's a barge on the river right near the ground. Big selection of ales and ciders, does food, has a massive beer garden. Usually friendly (except when we play Cambridge) with a good mix of home and away fans. Gets busy though.

Great weather for it, I'm tempted to go there now and drink away the nerves for the next 6 hours!

Have a safe trip.
Hang on… a barge with a big garden. Won’t you get very wet..?

As someone who didn't get a ticket for the game tonight and doesn't have Sky (but who has a Now stick), are my options basically one of the following?
  • Buy a Sky Sports day pass for £14.99
  • Buy an audio match pass via the club for £2.50
  • Get the FM radio out of the loft and listen to BBC Radio Oxford for free.
I love Jerome and the crew but f**k me id have a heart attack listening to them tonight.

I love Jerome and the crew but f**k me id have a heart attack listening to them tonight.
Yeah that's right. I love Rosie but he also drives me crazy:

"We just gotta make sure we ..."
- "are quicker on the ball"
- "don't give it away so easily"
- "concentrate a bit more"
- "don't make any silly mistakes"
- "get it out to the wing"
- etc

Back
Top Bottom