Away Match Day Thread 08/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 2nd Leg - Peterborough vs OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Hope we win of course, but their outright arrogance about thinking they'll roll us over makes you want it even more

Last edited:
How are folks watching from overseas?
I missed the first leg due to work
(Sorry if this has been asked before)

What pubs in Peterborough prematch?

Try Charters, it's a barge on the river right near the ground. Big selection of ales and ciders, does food, has a massive beer garden. Usually friendly (except when we play Cambridge) with a good mix of home and away fans. Gets busy though.

Great weather for it, I'm tempted to go there now and drink away the nerves for the next 6 hours!

Have a safe trip.

Sacked it off when I woke up

I started really well, convinced myself that I wasn't tense as it was a free-hit since we'd already done better than I expected, and I attacked my work with some gusto.

I now realise this was all a perversely elaborate self-ruse.

What's the world record for the most dumps attempted in a single afternoon?

Try Charters, it's a barge on the river right near the ground. Big selection of ales and ciders, does food, has a massive beer garden. Usually friendly (except when we play Cambridge) with a good mix of home and away fans. Gets busy though.

Great weather for it, I'm tempted to go there now and drink away the nerves for the next 6 hours!

Have a safe trip.
Don't tell everybody, it'll be rammed when I get there.

As someone who didn't get a ticket for the game tonight and doesn't have Sky (but who has a Now stick), are my options basically one of the following?
  • Buy a Sky Sports day pass for £14.99
  • Buy an audio match pass via the club for £2.50
  • Get the FM radio out of the loft and listen to BBC Radio Oxford for free.
Don't forget FAWANEWS.COM - free for all folk, no VPN needed, no money needed.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Its still 6 hours till kick off, which is ridiculous, was alright till midday but time has just stopped now.

• React
Reactions: GRB

Have a safe trip.
Is street parking okay in Stanground?

We parked near The Coalheavers Arms in December, but certain that will be chocka as we only just found a space then.

I usually get the "this live broadcast is unavailable online" message when I try to listen to games digitally, despite living in Oxfordshire.
Radox on DAB works in Oxfordshire for games as does Freeview TV channel 722, plus FM of course. It's only Radox online or BBC sounds (on smartphones and laptops) that doesn't get the commentary in my experience.

• React
Reactions: MJB
The nerves are starting to take effect and it's going to be unbearably tense - I'm telling myself that the 1-0 suits us, as any bigger lead means Peterborough would probably come out with nothing to lose and more of an all or nothing mindset, in which scenario an early goal might then make our heads go as we become desperate to keep what we have rather than playing the game. Hopefully, with a 1-0 lead the start will be less frantic as Posh don't need to go all out and we can settle in to it.

And if we do get knocked out, at least we haven't blown a 4-0 lead...

Suppose I'm nervy....but I'm just enjoying the ride.
Win draw or lose...up the'Us'

Back
Top Bottom