Away Match Day Thread 08/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 2nd Leg - Peterborough vs OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Hope we win of course, but their outright arrogance about thinking they'll roll us over makes you want it even more

Last edited:
For the p'boro fans blaming the ref. why didnt he book the boro player for the freekick that led to our goal? why didnt he book the player that blocked CB shot on goal with his hand.... Ref was a homer all day long.

I think he's from the championship also?

They are taking it well…😂😂

I don’t remember us being a team full of s**t houses when we beat them 5-0 at home! It’s horses for courses and it’s called tactical awareness.

You could even say that tonight was plan B!

I'm loving them complaining about cynical challenges and that an early yellow would have stopped that. The same could have been said in the 1st leg with them targeting Josh Murphy, their right back, Katongo (iirc) with at least 3 alone on JM in the 1st half.

Thanks for the thoughtful words and fair play - wouldn’t mind some of your players!
But why oh why does the club think it necessary to block off hundreds of seats we could’ve had? Revenue for you. More tickets for us. Just so petty.
Why did your keeper fake an injury every 5 seconds? Why did your kit man run over shouting at your keeper to fake an injury? Because you do everything you can to gain an advantage. Look at Barnsley, they gave Bolton 2000 tickets and left the rest of their 5000 away end empty!

Why did your keeper fake an injury every 5 seconds? Why did your kit man run over shouting at your keeper to fake an injury? Because you do everything you can to gain an advantage. Look at Barnsley, they gave Bolton 2000 tickets and left the rest of their 5000 away end empty!
Do you know its a fake injury? the other 2 players that were supposed to be fake as well had to actually come off because they were injured.

Agree, not his biggest fan, and his limitations were exposed tonight again, but kept going and was in the right place at the right time. He does give his all for the club and you can’t ask for anything more than that!
Spent quite a lot of the second half standing in front of the TV and pleading with Sam to dig in.
Mason Clark started off all over him, but the tide turned slowly, starting with a beautifully timed tackle, and then - we all know what.

Just back. Wow!!

I am so incredibly happy for the team and Des. Bloody hell he has been questioned and yet, he’s got us to a play off final!

I’d love us to go and do it on the 18th but regardless of what happens, this club is creating another of those special bonds that only end in good times.

As for tonight, fans were epic and to a man we were so good without the ball. Special mentions for Joe Bennet and Ciaron Brown, both of them were majestic.

40k at Wembley…we couldn’t, could we?

Proud tonight. So proud!

Just back. Wow!!

I am so incredibly happy for the team and Des. Bloody hell he has been questioned and yet, he’s got us to a play off final!

I’d love us to go and do it on the 18th but regardless of what happens, this club is creating another of those special bonds that only end in good times.

As for tonight, fans were epic and to a man we were so good without the ball. Special mentions for Joe Bennet and Ciaron Brown, both of them were majestic.

40k at Wembley…we couldn’t, could we?

Proud tonight. So proud!
Bennet and brown locked down that left side other side was there only danger all game Bennett made poku look like a pub player

Just got back home what a night what an atmosphere from all the yellows some of it was heart in your mouth at times but the lads stood firm and what a defensive display that was aswell is 2024 our year 👏 👍 COYY

Peterborough had loads of the ball, but you can argue they were wasteful with it.

Don't think there's anything to argue about - almost all of their long shots went into Row Z, they shanked a ton of crosses straight out of play, honestly the only one on their side who delivered a decent ball all night from open play was Burrows. Their standout attacking player, by some distance, was their CB Knight! He caused us some problems from set pieces and when they left him up front at the end. But most of the time, I thought we were pretty comfortable just harrying them while they passed the ball around in unthreatening areas.

Basically Posh looked a lot like we did in the bad early days under Des when we were losing to the likes of Cheltenham, Northampton and Bristol Rovers!

We'll obviously need to be better further up the field against Bolton. But there were lots of gaps in their defense last night. We've got a chance.....

Is it safe to check the final score yet? :) Too nervous to watch it tonight.

See the BBC report is as accurate as usual - "Oxford and Bolton drew 0-0 when they met at the Toughsheet Stadium earlier this season but were then thumped 5-0 by the Trotters in March" - is that some sort of comment on the beds at Kassam's hotels?

Glad I can type still because my voice is nowhere to be seen, what a f*****g night.

Des got it absolutely spot on tonight, from gameplan to subs - magic. I thought we defended really really well first half, any ball into the box was dealt with (bar the goal, I know) and it was sad Stevens got a booking because I felt he was giving us a lot of composure on the ball.

Second half i was concerned about how much of the ball they were getting between the lines but thankfully they kept going out wide where our centre halves were dealing with any crosses still.

Cumming, Brown and Bennett were monstrous and they were all MOTM, unfair that we have to pick just one.

Thought Mcguane had some lovely moments and really enjoyed the space to run into late on, if that shot went in, the away end would have exploded.

Long was poor in general but honestly who cares? That clearance off the line was f*****g mental.

Leigh substitution was absolutely perfect and he locked down their right hand side - Browne showed some good touches but staying down when they were on the attack was infuriating.

What an absolutely unbelievable evening and some achievement from everyone to get us to Wembley, regardless of the result that’ll be a special occasion and something we can build from no matter which division we’re in next year

Back
Top Bottom