Home Match Build Up 04/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 1st Leg - OUFC vs Peterborough

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a fan base apart from being raucous/loud and unhinged what can we do in terms of a banner or display to get the place rocking come 7:45 Saturday night

Out of interest, will season ticket holders have the choice of buying their season ticket seat as I canโ€™t see it on the OWS story?

Some much needed extra revenue.

Whatโ€™s it worth to the club 200k?

The POF podcast said that the Arsenal FA Cup last season saw us make nearly ยฃ400k. We had to give Arsenal ยฃ185k which would have paid Martinelli for a couple of days.

Maybe a little less. I think the average cost per ticket is around ยฃ15 when you take concessions into account. So that would see us taking approx. ยฃ165k in ticket receipts. Not sure if there is any extra TV money, I suspect this is included in the original deal with Sky, and I'd imagine that most sponsorship deals are for the season rather than league games alone.

Still, not to be sniffed at along with the opportunity to promote the club further ahead of the planning decision.

The POF podcast said that the Arsenal FA Cup last season saw us make nearly ยฃ400k. We had to give Arsenal ยฃ185k which would have paid Martinelli for a couple of days.
That would have included TV money which I don't think we get in the playoffs.

Maybe a little less. I think the average cost per ticket is around ยฃ15 when you take concessions into account. So that would see us taking approx. ยฃ165k in ticket receipts. Not sure if there is any extra TV money, I suspect this is included in the original deal with Sky, and I'd imagine that most sponsorship deals are for the season rather than league games alone.

Still, not to be sniffed at along with the opportunity to promote the club further ahead of the planning decision.
You get a base rate from Sky for tv but then extra when you are on tv if I remember correctly.
Otherwise it would seem harsh that we donโ€™t get any extra than a club like Burton when we are actually on TV, especially when it is an extra game to our normal 46 game season.

You get a base rate from Sky for tv but then extra when you are on tv if I remember correctly.
Otherwise it would seem harsh that we donโ€™t get any extra than a club like Burton when we are actually on TV, especially when it is an extra game to our normal 46 game season.

You could be right.

Is it permitted for the Premier League team to pass on the money to the lower league team? Seems mad that we have to give a club like Arsenal money

Is it permitted for the Premier League team to pass on the money to the lower league team? Seems mad that we have to give a club like Arsenal money

I think Man city did when played them in the league cup.

It's not just ticket revenue though we will gain on, as someone already mentioned sky give every club a certain amount but play off games you get an additional payment. There is also the extra income from the club shop on the night and match sponsors etc and at a guess advertisement since it's technically not a league game.

I think Man city did when played them in the league cup.

It's not just ticket revenue though we will gain on, as someone already mentioned sky give every club a certain amount but play off games you get an additional payment. There is also the extra income from the club shop on the night and match sponsors etc and at a guess advertisement since it's technically not a league game.
As itโ€™s on TV the club can ask for more from companies who want pitch side advertisement. At a guess we might also see a different shirt sleeve sponsor again for the play off games as they are on TV.
At a guess the away team also get some extra income from Sky and ticket sales so putting a figure on it the play offs before the final will earn us an extra ยฃ500k minimum so at least it pays for Goodwin and Edwards rehab ๐Ÿ˜‰

I have been looking at the sky sports TV schedule for next week and it's looking like our first leg is not televised
On sky Bolton vs Barnsley is on the friday and our second leg.

Sky seem to have picked up some womems game instead on the Saturday which seems like madness to me. Hopefully it will be on Ifollow but I was hoping for it to be on skysports for better availability when in the Dominican.

Maybe this will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom