Home Match Day Thread 01/11/2022 L1: OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Full backs, apart from Sam do we have any because on tonight’s performance we don’t, as for Seddon I would have rather played one of the kids instead.

Browne is no central striker, got booked and subbed, sort of sums it up, play him wide.

As for defending corners and set pieces why we don’t leave someone up front to collect clearances I don’t know, all that happens is that it comes back in. Leave the quickest player up on the half way line at all times.

Horrible tonight.

When I saw the team I thought KR had deliberately set us up to loose. Jerome was non plussed as well. Heard a bit of KR garble in the car on the way home but switched to a music station I can't stand to listen to his bullshit anymore. So pleased I pulled out of buying my Woking ticket.

I normally listen to radio ox on the drive home but I couldn't bare hearing more garbage out of Karl's mouth so I turned over to Jack Fm. I've now decided I'm going to miss the Port Vale game and go to the firework event at Abingdon Airfield instead. That first half tonight was the poorest we've been all season.

Last edited:
Cheaper than his payoff probably.
Then the rest we will lose for continually losing and possible relegation, stop cutting him slack he’s had his chance his credit he picked up in the previous 4 games went in one fowl swoop this evening.

I think mr yaw has gone fishing...
That is quite an accusation. If people can't see the genius of playing a League 2/conference left back at right back, whilst a centre back fills in at left back for 18 months, a right back plays right wing and a left winger plays up front then I'm afraid there's no hope for them. Also, Simon Eastwood is close to transitioning to the sweeper keeper role at the age of 33, so once he starts pinging the ball around like Ederson then everything else will fall into place.

It’s amazing how people twist a KR interview on here. I’ve just got in and listened to the interview and he didn’t just cut Nathan off short. He explained the reasons behind his team selection and I actually would of gone with the same side.
As was said pre match. GoD was showing signs of fatigue so couldn’t go from the start. Browne was clearly not fit as he only made it to half time.
Whether you like it or not, Robinson and the medical team know the fitness levels of the players a lot better than we do.

I also agree that in hindsight 4 points from tonight and Bolton is a good return but having won at Bolton we should of won tonight.

Another point on the board, chance to rest a few players on Sunday now and get minutes back into Bodin and Taylor and hopefully back to winning ways in the league next Wednesday at Shrewsbury.
I know he’s your messiah and probably are related of live next door to him or something but your rose tinted glasses need to come off old son

It’s amazing how people twist a KR interview on here. I’ve just got in and listened to the interview and he didn’t just cut Nathan off short. He explained the reasons behind his team selection and I actually would of gone with the same side.
As was said pre match. GoD was showing signs of fatigue so couldn’t go from the start. Browne was clearly not fit as he only made it to half time.
Whether you like it or not, Robinson and the medical team know the fitness levels of the players a lot better than we do.

I also agree that in hindsight 4 points from tonight and Bolton is a good return but having won at Bolton we should of won tonight.

Another point on the board, chance to rest a few players on Sunday now and get minutes back into Bodin and Taylor and hopefully back to winning ways in the league next Wednesday at Shrewsbury.

They say you can’t polish a turd.

Maybe we’ve fount the first man who can!

That is quite an accusation. If people can't see the genius of playing a League 2/conference left back at right back, whilst a centre back fills in at left back for 18 months, a right back plays right wing and a left winger plays up front then I'm afraid there's no hope for them. Also, Simon Eastwood is close to transitioning to the sweeper keeper role at the age of 33, so once he starts pinging the ball around like Ederson then everything else will fall into place.
Well done for your goal the other day btw

We have one rightback in the first team squad, and he’s a converted from a centre back. So what’s the plan if he gets injured or suspended?

Answer, play a left back (who can’t get a game at left back because a centre back is playing there) whose right foot is just for standing on.

Muddled recruitment and muddled team selection.

Wow! Another point on the board from a home game with Fleetwood and with only five players playing out of their natural positions. Do you really believe half of the garbage you write? I think you're being contrary for the fun of it.

... while the injured player’s backup started on the wing?
And the winger on the bench finally got on the pitch in the 94th minute!

I wonder if Browne went off at half time coz he was thinking, “do you know what I can‘t be arsed”. I’ve never known a player start and then say I’m coming off as I don’t want to let the team down. WTF was he doing being selected given his injury record when he’s clearly unfit.

Tonights starting 11 in the positions they were was completely ridiculous. Yet KR says it was 100% the right decision, simply extraordinary!

I normally listen to radio ox on the drive home but I couldn't bare hearing more garbage out of Karl's mouth so I turned over to Jack Fm. I've now decided I'm going to miss the Port Vale game and go to the firework event at Abingdon Airfield instead. That first half tonight was the poorest we've been all season.
I feel and share your pain, it was UK gold for me anything but listen to him.

I wonder if Browne went off at half time coz he was thinking, “do you know what I can‘t be arsed”. I’ve never known a player start and then say I’m coming off as I don’t want to let the team down. WTF was he doing being selected given his injury record when he’s clearly unfit.

Tonights starting 11 in the positions they were was completely ridiculous. Yet KR says it was 100% the right decision, simply extraordinary!
I say just sack him and do it now not tomorrow now, let Mous run it for a while

Unlucky first half but the second half was electric - that move where Seddon almost got played in was pure poetry in motion.

It's just a shame the ref was obviously a Fleetwood fan otherwise we would've won tonight.

The great recovery is on. Woking on Saturday is looking like an easy 3 points and standing room only on the positive bus.

🚌 Toot! All aboard!
Oh yes, Woking. Sunday, early kick off. Marlow springs to mind.

I’d really like to see more of Jones. All of the subs were improvements

An absolutely depressing night - we looked exactly what we are - a collection of individuals who are not a "team". Fleetwood were more 'up for it' than us and almost took all the points. Brannagan's lost it - what's wrong him?.Robinson's toxic personal woes are clearly affecting his ability to talk to RO
He has to go.

Back
Top Bottom