Home Match Day Thread 01/11/2022 L1: OUFC v Fleetwood Town

A win would be a big step in announcing that we could be back. Keep the grit, determination and blocks and add in some more of our passing and attacking and we can do it. Players like Brown must be a bit tired though as they gave everything only a couple of days ago. I’m sure winning is a good tonic though…

Arguably a bigger examination than the previous two games as it’s a game we’re expected to start on the front foot and be the aggressors.

My reasoning being that, due to the 4 CB’s we play, they are less able to really create overloads in attacking areas. So, by definition there will be more guile and patience required to break down, what presumably will be a dogged Fleetwood.

Early goal would be lovely.

2-1 Ox

Think we will win and we are overdue a clean sheet

Hopefully a good performance where we take our chances 2-0

This really is a must win.
If we are serious about moving forward as a club this season, we truly have to.
Time tonight for Mr O Donkor to start notching the goals that his skill and work rate richly deserves.

Really looking forward to it after the past couple of results but also nervous given our inconsistencies this season. We never seem to do well against Fleetwood either it seems like!

Just win tonight, doesn't have to be pretty, we just need those points.

Fleetwood have the joint-best defence in the league, only 14 goals conceded this season, so it will be tough to break through them. But if we can score 3 away at Bolton, we can do this.

Scoring first will be massive for us tonight, no silly early mistakes and build from there.

Considering its only November and its only Fleetwood it has the feel of a big game to me, all the background stuff, a couple of good results lately but struggling at home, its also followed up by a very winnable but potential banana skin FA Cup tie (and that being the last cup we are in) so would be good to go into that with a result and good form.

A home win is essential to reviving any excitement amongst fans. Expecting a low attendance this evening. Weather is turning, results at home have not been exactly invigorating and Fleetwood won't bring many.
Still, Frankie & Benny's new menu launches today! We were sent a 30% discount voucher but, not valid for the Oxford branch as it is deemed an "Event location". I shall write to my M.P. and voice my disquiet.

Arguably a bigger examination than the previous two games as it’s a game we’re expected to start on the front foot and be the aggressors.

My reasoning being that, due to the 4 CB’s we play, they are less able to really create overloads in attacking areas. So, by definition there will be more guile and patience required to break down, what presumably will be a dogged Fleetwood.

Early goal would be lovely.

2-1 Ox

Agree about the 4 CB’s, however it might be a blessing in disguise if Long doesn’t make it and KR is forced to play Anderson at rightback especially as we’re at home.

I would also like to see Gorrin in the defensive midfield role and McGuane pushed further forward. Marcus Brown needs to be much more involved too, we have to get our most creative and dangerous players on the ball more and further up the pitch where they can do damage to the opposition.

It's hard to imagine a classic tonight.

Probably pretty ropey playing conditions and Fleetwood are always dogged.

Any win will do.

It's hard to imagine a classic tonight.

Probably pretty ropey playing conditions and Fleetwood are always dogged.

Any win will do.

Agree 100% and despite this, I'm weirdly excited (not in a Ryanbirdio way)

REF WATCH

FMYcwmTXsAcVSjQ

Cambridgeshire based Alan Young is tonight’s match official. Young is Chief Executive of The Bedfordshire FA
and has been on the National List since 2018. This season, Young has dismissed seven players and cautioned 52
in just 12 games. He last refereed the U’s in a 0-0 home draw with Peterborough during lock down in March 2021.

Young hit the headlines on Saturday disallowing two Wycombe goals :

Young surpassed himself at Orient last October forgetting to play added time at the end of the first half:

A win would be a big step in announcing that we could be back. Keep the grit, determination and blocks and add in some more of our passing and attacking and we can do it. Players like Brown must be a bit tired though as they gave everything only a couple of days ago. I’m sure winning is a good tonic though…
To earn the we could be back I think go through November unbeaten with more wins than draws could signal that.

REF WATCH

FMYcwmTXsAcVSjQ

Cambridgeshire based Alan Young is tonight’s match official. Young is Chief Executive of The Bedfordshire FA
and has been on the National List since 2018. This season, Young has dismissed seven players and cautioned 52
in just 12 games. He last refereed the U’s in a 0-0 home draw with Peterborough during lock down in March 2021.

Young hit the headlines on Saturday disallowing two Wycombe goals :

Young surpassed himself at Orient last October forgetting to play added time at the end of the first half:

on the (err) cards for tonight, a straight red for KR?

Back
Top Bottom