Away Match Day Thread 01/01/24: L1 - Charlton Athletic v OUFC

Who was the MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope our players have more balls than some of our fans!

Still got enough to get a good result today. We need to tinker a bit, but there are options.

I’d be tempted to have Harris on the right, RR down the middle with Cam in behind.

Really looking forward to it. Hope us fans play our part today, it’s a cracking away trip. Bring it on!

I hope our players have more balls than some of our fans!

Still got enough to get a good result today. We need to tinker a bit, but there are options.

I’d be tempted to have Harris on the right, RR down the middle with Cam in behind.

Really looking forward to it. Hope us fans play our part today, it’s a cracking away trip. Bring it on!
They’ve got the balls. Just an injury ravaged squad knackered from being expected to play at the top of its game 3 times in 8 days. Madness.

Happy New Year all!

With the new year comes a surge of optimism for me. Feel like we always do reasonably well at the Valley and today will be no different. Comfortable 2-0 win. Harris will score, their fans will turn on the team early, and Brown will bag a second from a corner to send them into meltdown.

COYY!

From Charlton athletic highlights they seem to shoot on sight/from distance with ~1/10 shots being worked into the box. It looks like they're still playing football and not given up so I dont think they'll be there for the taking.
Bore draw. 2-2 something like that.

Old-style diamond formation according to the OM. (I remember when Ossie Ardiles caused quite a stir with it back in the day.)

I actually really like the look of this for us. Presumably full backs will have license to go forward and provide the width and crosses will come in. Gives me more confidence than I had 10 minutes ago and Mills and Bodin to throw on is nice too. Also not opposed to the energy of Woltman being available. I really liked the look of him in pre season.

Old-style diamond formation according to the OM. (I remember when Ossie Ardiles caused quite a stir with it back in the day.)
Good to see Oisin get a start. May help McGuane or at least give him an incentive to play better?

Anyone know what's happening with Golding? Recalled from a loan spell where he has been playing regular football to not being involved in any squads here. He would be a option on the bench I would have thought

Anyone know what's happening with Golding? Recalled from a loan spell where he has been playing regular football to not being involved in any squads here. He would be a option on the bench I would have thought
I'm pretty sure I saw both him and Josh Johnson on the lengthy injury list somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom