General What's Happened to Leon Blackmore Such?

A root and branch clear out of the Mod Team is desperately needed this summer.
I was signed on a 4-year deal with extortionate wages, and plan on spending every other 6 months on the treatment table. It has been said though that on my day I could be the best mod League One forums have ever seen. There is no getting rid of me

I was signed on a 4-year deal with extortionate wages, and plan on spending every other 6 months on the treatment table. It has been said though that on my day I could be the best mod League One forums have ever seen. There is no getting rid of me
Truly maddening that the pre-season threads often feature only one or two Mods as the rest are all not available.

Luckily I had a clause in my contract which gave me wages parity with the top forum earner, so I've got a nice new long contract on Championship Forum wages, despite my best years being behind me and the decline has started.

Robinson lost his job, are you sad ?

Robinson deserved to go but why do people give the back room staff leeway and assume they are great coaches, just under the wrong manager ? If you look at it logically, the manager was failing so surely those working with him day to day look just as culpable.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, suggests LBS or Short are any good. On what basis is LBS a good coach ? Unless you’re saying coaching the U9’s is akin to coaching a L1 side.

It’s a case of the usual rubbish - born inside the Oxford ring road and associated with Oxford United must automatically mean you’re a great bloke, a great player or a great coach. Laughable.
Never said he was a good coach. Not sad about Robinson either because he had a massive pay off.
LBS was probably on quite modest money so any payoff would have been equally modest.

You know that is how most people get jobs? Coaches start at academy levels then move to the men’s teams.
People in football get jobs due to knowing others.
There is also nothing too wrong with appointing within. Why shouldn’t people get a chance at a higher level? I didn’t hear many complain about LBS when we were in and around the play offs the season before.

You seem the sort that wants to find a scape goat and you don’t like to listen to others opinions.
The reality is the best organisations in all walks of life, do both. You want to encourage recruitment from within because that assists in creating the right culture in the business but you also wants to ensure you introduce new ideas and refresh teams. As always a rigorous open minded process that allows for internal development but also looking outside your own 4 walls is important to enable any organisation to keep moving positively forward. Like most things in life, maintaining balance is vital.

The reality is the best organisations in all walks of life, do both. You want to encourage recruitment from within because that assists in creating the right culture in the business but you also wants to ensure you introduce new ideas and refresh teams. As always a rigorous open minded process that allows for internal development but also looking outside your own 4 walls is important to enable any organisation to keep moving positively forward. Like most things in life, maintaining balance is vital.
👆this man recruits.

Luckily I had a clause in my contract which gave me wages parity with the top forum earner, so I've got a nice new long contract on Championship Forum wages, despite my best years being behind me and the decline has started.
Expect to be the new scapegoat every time we lose!

I’m going to boo loudly every time you post and shout ‘what a waste of money!!’

Did a fantastic job coaching the youth team with Andy Whing and then Chris Hackett.
1st youth teams to actually win league’s for many years.
Good luck to LBS with his coaching in the future.
League 1 side with a under 21’s next would be my guess.
N.Ardley gone from Solihull Moors.
Andy Whing with LBS anyone?

Good luck to Leon. He's a decent guy who didn't deserve the abuse some gave him last season. He may have been over promoted a touch in a chaotic regime, but that wasn't his doing and he gave everything for our club during his time with us. Hope that he continues to develop in this role and reestablish himself in the game.

Good luck to him. As everything crumbled around KR, LBS became a bit of a punchline because of what was occurring above him. A clean break is what was needed for him.

Anyway, Google tells me there’s plenty of options for him out in possibly the place I least want to go in the world.

Attachments

• IMG_4754.jpeg
    IMG_4754.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 29
Good luck to him. As everything crumbled around KR, LBS became a bit of a punchline because of what was occurring above him. A clean break is what was needed for him.

Anyway, Google tells me there’s plenty of options for him out in possibly the place I least want to go in the world.

Swindon says "Hi!"

Back
Top Bottom