General What's Happened to Leon Blackmore Such?

The more changes the better. I'd even do away with existing physio's, medical staff etc. Let Manning have a total say in who he wants and start the pre season with a new look, professional set up where the players have to get to know new staff - none of this old pals back slapping when they get back from the summer and it's all too familiar and jokey.
What if he wants to keep the physios and medical staff?

“Hi Amy, thanks for your increased workload having to treat the sheer number of injury-prone players Karl brought in, but we’re going to have to let you go.”

The buck stops with Robinson. Even Short stated he wanted to be more defensively solid when Robbo left. It’s right to bring in new coaches but to suggest the physio needs replacing is a bit OTT.
Shound be an interesting summer ahead.

The more changes the better. I'd even do away with existing physio's, medical staff etc. Let Manning have a total say in who he wants and start the pre season with a new look, professional set up where the players have to get to know new staff - none of this old pals back slapping when they get back from the summer and it's all too familiar and jokey.
Is that what they do where you work? Sounds s**t, and really expensive and disruptive.

I think we need to be careful that we don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. There are some respected people behind the scenes who have had to work hard to keep an ever increasing unsteady ship afloat for the last 18 months. Just because they had to work with someone who was clearly losing the plot doesn’t mean that they agreed or were happy with the situation. I’ve seen nothing to suggest that Amy Cranston isn’t worthy of her position as Head of Medical and/or doing anything other than a very competent job.

One of the ballboys looked at me a bit funnily once.

He’d be the first one to go, if I had my way.

I honestly thought they just sent out to a local school for a comely youth whenever one got split.

• React
Reactions: MJB
It seems pretty well accepted that Robinson was ignoring the advice of the recruitment and medical team when it came to signing players. Is it not fair to also question if he was ignoring a lot of the coaching staff? I think it's quite hard to tell how effective coaches are from where most of us sit, but then again Smyth got his first meaningful minutes of the season when Short was temporarily in charge, which shows he was unlikely compliant in him being ignored up until that point.

One of the ballboys looked at me a bit funnily once.

He’d be the first one to go, if I had my way.
Yeah, and he was shite at throwing the ball back too. I remember he kept hitting that little curb on the side of the pitch, so bounced back towards him. so f*****g frustrating!!

• React
Reactions: MJB
It seems pretty well accepted that Robinson was ignoring the advice of the recruitment and medical team when it came to signing players. Is it not fair to also question if he was ignoring a lot of the coaching staff? I think it's quite hard to tell how effective coaches are from where most of us sit, but then again Smyth got his first meaningful minutes of the season when Short was temporarily in charge, which shows he was unlikely compliant in him being ignored up until that point.
Spot on

Well you got the reaction you were after I'm sure.

Well done, or something.

What if he wants to keep the physios and medical staff?

“Hi Amy, thanks for your increased workload having to treat the sheer number of injury-prone players Karl brought in, but we’re going to have to let you go.”

Hmm. Sounds like somebody's worried about their own position here.

I mean why stop at the club, why not give Manning total say who posts on here too?

For me, if you're looking for a dependable coach, you can't look much further than the 2019 Mercedes Benz Tourismo.

Mercedes OM470 Engine
390 BHP
8 Speed Powershift Automated Gearbox
24 Reclining Seats with Adjustable Headrests
8 Seats in Rear Horseshoe Lounge
3 Point Seat Belts
Two Tone Diamond Stitch Leather Trim
6 Tables with Charging Facility
USB Connectors
240v Sockets
HDMI Socket
Wood Effect Flooring
Fully Carpeted
On Board Vacuum Cleaner
Physio Table
Air Conditioned
Air Quality Monitor
Centre Sunken WC
Galley Kitchen
Hot & Cold Water
Hot Drinks Facility
Commercial Microwave Oven
Neff Oven
Nespresso Coffee Machine
5 Fridges
Wired for Internet TV
15 Monitors

This is the type of resource we should be looking at to ensure players are in top shape at matches. Looking at the list above, I'm actually not sure Leon was providing any of these services and for that reason I'm not surprised he's been moved on.

For me, if you're looking for a dependable coach, you can't look much further than the 2019 Mercedes Benz Tourismo.

Mercedes OM470 Engine
390 BHP
8 Speed Powershift Automated Gearbox
24 Reclining Seats with Adjustable Headrests
8 Seats in Rear Horseshoe Lounge
3 Point Seat Belts
Two Tone Diamond Stitch Leather Trim
6 Tables with Charging Facility
USB Connectors
240v Sockets
HDMI Socket
Wood Effect Flooring
Fully Carpeted
On Board Vacuum Cleaner
Physio Table
Air Conditioned
Air Quality Monitor
Centre Sunken WC
Galley Kitchen
Hot & Cold Water
Hot Drinks Facility
Commercial Microwave Oven
Neff Oven
Nespresso Coffee Machine
5 Fridges
Wired for Internet TV
15 Monitors

This is the type of resource we should be looking at to ensure players are in top shape at matches. Looking at the list above, I'm actually not sure Leon was providing any of these services and for that reason I'm not surprised he's been moved on.

Yes, but can it do a job at right back?

Wishing Leon all the best! Clearly a competent coach from his time with the club as a whole, but ultimately thrown in at the deep end under Robinson with no experience at this level. Sure he will get back into the game in no time but he should focus on developing and making gradual steps.

I mean why stop at the club, why not give Manning total say who posts on here too?
Wow. That’s the best idea I’ve heard for some time.
Keep me of course, because I talk sense, I’m cheap and I have excellent sell-on potential in two years.
I’m sure others will have ideas about who to get rid of though…..

I reached out to him, apparently he only wants to hear from @Surreal Madrid and @bazzer9461. Everyone else is on trial until August 1st competing for 3 spots in the squad.

Back
Top Bottom