General What has happened to Tariq

think he's 'targeted' by opposition scouts as someone to 'stop' .... in recent games hes been kicked all over the pitch with little , if any, protection from weak referees and assistant referees

that said, I do agree with some other posters on this thread, that Fosu could maybe do with resting? hopefully as other players get back to match fitness he'll get a bit of respite and recharge his batteries?

Think people are over reacting. Scored a great goal Saturday and set Holland up for a sitter.

Agree about the over reaction. What team in their right mind WOULDN'T watch a player like Fosu and figure out how to combat him and what he does, based on his early performances. And yet, he's still involved, still creating chances, still running, still,scoring.

For me, one of the first names on the teamsheet, without doubt.

One of those mercurial players that can make a game talked about for years, or who gets lumped by an opposition tag team.
Yes he has off days but so does everyone. Real match winner, fast thinker and has feet like super glue.
I`ll let him off on his bad days because there are ,generally, more good than bad.

OM has him as man of the match on Saturday, so I'm not sure about him needing a rest at the moment ( maybe when we play 2 games a week every week in February?)

The proof of Fosu’s ability appears when subs are made around him and the new players stretch the game - he suddenly gets a few inches more to play with and creates danger.
All of the time you see him holding onto the ball and turning it back to midfield or defence is because there is no outlet due to the three people that are put on him. I still can’t work out what percentage of his tumbles are dives or fouls, but it’s clear he is getting kicked about.

The good thing about Saturday was that Tariq took on the man in front of him, went to his right and got a shot away.

So many times from this position he has feigned right and then gone left for the byline presumably so he can put the ball across the box and invariably been dispossessed.

It's been doing my head in for weeks........

He is like most 'flair' wide players, especially at our level. One day he can be a game changer, the next the match will just pass him by. I will say in his favour though, he does a lot of covering back in the defensive areas so even if he isn't having the best game, he does make a useful contribution.

I read an article somewhere where he said he had played more games this season so far than in total last season, so could be a reason. I still think the man is quality and improves our side.

He is like most 'flair' wide players, especially at our level. One day he can be a game changer, the next the match will just pass him by. I will say in his favour though, he does a lot of covering back in the defensive areas so even if he isn't having the best game, he does make a useful contribution.
The other thing is that he scores goals ( which many wide men dont)
Is that 10 for the season?

The other thing is that he scores goals ( which many wide men dont)
Is that 10 for the season?

Most of his attempts have about 3% chance of going in... He might bang a few in at the start of the season but that's hardly sustainable

If he had continued his outstanding form of earlier in the season it would have been astonishing. He is a clever player that is very good at keeping the ball.

Being able to rotate Fosu with Browne and Holland will now be huge. The onus has been on Fosu for too long.
Also Wide players like him will apparently drift out of the game just because there will always be long periods when we are defending, there’s not much he can do if he’s not getting the ball in the opponents half

So Fosu going then, can’t fault him for going to the decent Championship club in Brentford which is a good move but have to be honest & I’m not trying to come across to bitter when I say this but there’s no way Fosu going to be a regular starter at Brentford with the wingers they’ve got in (Benrahma / Mbeumo / Canos) no doubt on his day he’s got championship abilities but not consistent (like the last 2 months for us) he’s going to be a bench warmer again like at Charlton last season & IF they go up he ent got that Premiership quality in him to play at that level,

What does it say about a club that is supposed to be aiming for promotion when it sells what are arguably two of the best players it has. If there were replacements ready to sign then I would be ok with that. But with 24 hours to do deals that's unlikely. Did have hope this year. But the hope is slowly dwindling.

What happened? His head was turned, his performances dipped for 8 weeks, we sold him for £750,000.
Time to move on.

Not too bothered about Fosu as his form was dipping .......bit dissapointed about Baptiste tho as he was really coming on leaps and bounds....hope theres a decent fee recieved and a sell on

I would say that Fosu 'owed' the club a season.
I accept that Fosu wanted a buy out clause of £750k to sign up but couldn't we have agreed to that so long as he stayed a season?
Bit disappointed in him although I get that he will be playing at a Championship club going for promotion

Back
Top Bottom