EPL VAR

VAR

• Keep It

• Remove It

• Don't Care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maguire definitely gave a penalty but no VAR yes Lewis wasn’t a penalty but VAR deemed it was a compete and utter load of bollox.

3 minutes to decide Jack Grealish was offside when he scored when I could see from the first replay he was clearly offside.

The VAR team must of popped to the toilet and then came back and gave the correct decision. That's the only explanation I can think of. 🤣

Did anyone see the Ukraine penalty not given?

I genuinely don’t understand what’s a penalty and what’s not nowadays.

Did anyone see the Ukraine penalty not given?

I genuinely don’t understand what’s a penalty and what’s not nowadays.
Neither do referees. There's about 8 major rule changes every season. And referees right down to County level are expected to know them.

It is an utter, utter disgrace that referees have gone mad with power, creating constant rule changes to justify their ludicrous wages. Now causes barriers for entry to young refs.

I don't count football with VAR as football.

Actually yesterday's was the sort of VAR decision that drives me the most crazy.

They stopped the game for 4 minutes to check the three incidents. Four Minutes! Only to decide there was no clear and obvious error and to keep the original decision.

Football is supposed to be a flowing, continuous game but they're turning it into an American Football-style stop-start affair. The only people who will be happy about that are advertisers....because you know before long that Sky will be slipping in a commercial or two every time there's a VAR check.

For me this way of using VAR is all wrong. If you have to use it (and I'm not sure you do) then a check should take twenty seconds max. If you can't tell from quickly looking at a couple of replays that it's a refereeing blunder, then play on and allow the ref's decision to stand.

UK football shown on American TV (soccer) already does this during live games. The scoreboard in the top left flips to show an advert during the game. The game window if you like becomes smaller and moves aside for an advert to be shown - again while the game is taking place

Untitled.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    362.7 KB · Views: 6
Video Technology is fine, and it works in Rugby perfectly. The problem is that the people running it in Football are just incompetent. It takes 15 seconds to see if someone is offside or not. If a goal should stand or not.

It needs to remain, because there is so much riding on a bad decision, human error! It could be the difference between a club getting relegated or promoted, and the financial gains could be massive to a clubs existence.

Just get educated people on the video panel, and get the decision correct, it’s simple!

Video Technology is fine, and it works in Rugby perfectly. The problem is that the people running it in Football are just incompetent. It takes 15 seconds to see if someone is offside or not. If a goal should stand or not.

It needs to remain, because there is so much riding on a bad decision, human error! It could be the difference between a club getting relegated or promoted, and the financial gains could be massive to a clubs existence.

Just get educated people on the video panel, and get the decision correct, it’s simple!
It's not simple when decisions like penalties are subject to human interpretation though. What is a red card and penalty offence isn't black and white but subjective. So the correct decision is often in the eye of the beholder.

Totally different sport, one with loads of breaks in play and even then they take ages to make a decision. Plus Rugby is already boring as f**k so it can't make it worse.

Get rid of it, its shite.

There are, this is the best it gets. The referees are not better or worse than they have ever been, with and without VAR there will always be controversal decisions and human error. How many mistakes do footballers make each game, similar if not more than a referee. No human is perfect (Buckingham aside) so whether you have VAR or not, there will always be issues.

The only thing you can guarantee with VAR is removing the instantaneous elation of the ball hitting the net meaning you've scored. The very element of what makes football special, removed. No thanks.

There are, this is the best it gets. The referees are not better or worse than they have ever been, with and without VAR there will always be controversal decisions and human error. How many mistakes do footballers make each game, similar if not more than a referee. No human is perfect (Buckingham aside) so whether you have VAR or not, there will always be issues.

The only thing you can guarantee with VAR is removing the instantaneous elation of the ball hitting the net meaning you've scored. The very element of what makes football special, removed. No thanks.

Some valid points. Let’s say VAR is removed tomorrow, we are at Wembley in the playoff final next May vs I dunno Barnsley for example. They score a dubious goal, and VAR would have prevented the goal, instead they get promoted and we are to stay in Lge 1. You wouldn’t feel upset about it.

Some valid points. Let’s say VAR is removed tomorrow, we are at Wembley in the playoff final next May vs I dunno Barnsley for example. They score a dubious goal, and VAR would have prevented the goal, instead they get promoted and we are to stay in Lge 1. You wouldn’t feel upset about it.

Yes but that is as it has always been and football is better for it. Such decisions still happen under VAR anyway hence all the clarifications and re-interpretations that seem to happen on a weekly basis after previous decisions.

Or, how about we're at Wembley, Barnsley lump it forward and our defender heads it away. But our defender's trailing hand hits a Barnsley player in the face. The ref doesn't give anything but then 30 seconds later gets told to have a look at the monitor. After a delay for a few minutes, the ref then gives Barnsley a penalty. They score it and go up.

That's basically how North Macedonia got a penalty last night. How would you feel if it had been us on the end of it at Wembley?

Point being that VAR seems to create as many problems as it solves.

Or, how about we're at Wembley, Barnsley lump it forward and our defender heads it away. But our defender's trailing hand hits a Barnsley player in the face. The ref doesn't give anything but then 30 seconds later gets told to have a look at the monitor. After a delay for a few minutes, the ref then gives Barnsley a penalty. They score it and go up.

That's basically how North Macedonia got a penalty last night. How would you feel if it had been us on the end of it at Wembley?

Point being that VAR seems to create as many problems as it solves.
Or we score a glorious winning goal, and after the celebrations have died down the ref is told to wait, while the panel deliberates for five minutes, eventually disallowing the goal because Bodin's shoelace was ahead of the last man's a**e. It's just trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist, and making things worse.

You feel upset about all the decisions that don't go your way, you feel elated with the ones that do.

If we score a last minute goal at Wembley, you've hugged strangers and danced for joy at knowing we're promoted then hear "VAR Check" and hear they've ruled it out incorrectly, is that not even worse?

Back
Top Bottom