International News US Election YF Vote/Prediction

Who will win the US Election on Tuesday?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Someone, please tell me he got the trains to run on time.
He got "what matters" to your average working people moving in the right direction..... that may have included punctual trains.

And he certainly upset a lot of more liberal folk which is, without doubt, always a good thing. :)
That when straight over your head didn't it.

And there you have it, ladies & gentlemen

Anything is justifiable as long as it winds up a few liberals, because heaven forfend that they might've been right all along and the bloke you backed turns out to be nothing more than a fascist despot hell bent on inciting a violent insurrection, filling people with hate and turning a country against itself.

Yep....it's all the fault of them snowflakes....them lefties....them lib*****

None so blind as those enablers that won't see!

At the end of the day...seeing a few upset liberals is nowhere near as good a thing as all those sweet sweet MAGA tears :)

There you have it ladies & gentlemen.

Anything is justifiable as long as it winds up a few MAGA types, because heaven forfend that they might've been right all along and the bloke you backed turns out to be nothing more than a marxist despot hell bent on inciting a violent insurrection, filling people with hate and turning a country against itself.

Yep....it's all the fault of them fascists....them rightwing sorts....them MAGA sorts

At the end of the day...seeing a few upset MAGA`s is nowhere near as good a thing as all those sweet sweet liberal tears

Its so easy to look at polar extremes is it not? ;)

I care not one jot for America or their extremes although I am far more grateful to live in the true cradle of democracy where we do conservatism and liberalism with small letters not capitals.

Anything is justifiable as long as it winds up a few MAGA types, because heaven forfend that they might've been right all along and the bloke you backed turns out to be nothing more than a marxist despot hell bent on inciting a violent insurrection, filling people with hate and turning a country against itself.

Yep....it's all the fault of them fascists....them rightwing sorts....them MAGA sorts

At the end of the day...seeing a few upset MAGA`s is nowhere near as good a thing as all those sweet sweet liberal tears

I care not one jot for America or their extremes although I am far more grateful to live in the true cradle of democracy where we do conservatism and liberalism with small letters not capitals.
Care so little you're still posting about it :unsure:

m'kay......

Not sure if this is necessarily a good thing. Good to have blocked him when the violence was taking place but a permanent ban is quite extreme and plays right into his hands. It also sets a worrying precedent.
Not sure it is a bad thing or it sets a worrying precedent really. Whilst he is still Commander in Chief it would (regrettably) seem sensible to limit his channels of communication to official ones....hell it might even make him seem more Presidential!

Once he isn't then yes, give him his toy back and see how long he last before he gets kicked again for inciting violence and other things that get you a ban.

He'll become the cassox of Facebook 🤣

Not sure if this is necessarily a good thing. Good to have blocked him when the violence was taking place but a permanent ban is quite extreme and plays right into his hands. It also sets a worrying precedent.

I suspect it will last up to Biden's inauguration so he can't potentially incite his nutters or disrupt the inauguration as he is such a child it wouldn't be beyond him.

Not sure it is a bad thing or it sets a worrying precedent really. Whilst he is still Commander in Chief it would (regrettably) seem sensible to limit his channels of communication to official ones....hell it might even make him seem more Presidential!

Once he isn't then yes, give him his toy back and see how long he last before he gets kicked again for inciting violence and other things that get you a ban.

He'll become the cassox of Facebook 🤣
Yep and unfortunately being a "free internet" sort of guy I have to acknowledge that it will be used for good as well as bad, but as a point of principle I hope the bans are temporary.

If he's banned, the whole "mainstream media are out to get me" thing suddenly has a whole new and perhaps validating dimension.

There is a wider trend which is worse than this where PayPal and other financial services are banning people from their platforms. Once you give corporations the power to destroy people like that, you're basically entering a Black Mirror episode.

Better to keep the naughty man where everyone can keep an eye on him, if you ask me.

All a bit like the UK, many people wanting a return to times of a foregone age not realising we can never go backwards. Dont want immigration and don't want to do the shite jobs either. Harsh fact of life we cannot always get what we want and sometimes what we wish for and get isn't what we really want.

Yep and unfortunately being a "free internet" sort of guy I have to acknowledge that it will be used for good as well as bad, but as a point of principle I hope the bans are temporary.

If he's banned, the whole "mainstream media are out to get me" thing suddenly has a whole new and perhaps validating dimension.

There is a wider trend which is worse than this where PayPal and other financial services are banning people from their platforms. Once you give corporations the power to destroy people like that, you're basically entering a Black Mirror episode.

Better to keep the naughty man where everyone can keep an eye on him, if you ask me.
I'm sure they will be temporary. That's the beauty of living in a liberal society.... you get plenty of latitude to make an a**e of yourself and only have to follow a few simple rules and we all bump along just fine. But I think you are fair game to be banned once you cross a line into willfully spreading misinformation and incitement of violence and hatred. You deserve to be banned, whatever your political persuasion or angle.

I don't think Trump cares one jot what effect his words will have on his swivel-eyed disciples and the real risk/jeopardy it puts both them and their "targets" in. They are expendable in his eyes.

The very fact that he pre-recorded a "go home, we love you" video and released it in the moments after the Captiol had been stormed suggests that he very much knew the power his words on social media have and whilst there is a real risk to human life then it is only safe to ban him from those channels.

Wonder how far he got with the Mexican wall

About 450 miles, apparently. Which is a little less than a quarter of the way. Although much of that was apparently just replacing fencing that was already there. But I'm sure that wasn't as big or beautiful.

On balance, I still think that yesterday's horrific events could end up being a good thing for America - because I think by spotlighting for everyone to see exactly who Trump is - a narcissistic rabble-rouser - it hasn't isolated him, but it has made it easier for more and more people in positions of authority to slowly back away.

Until yesterday it looked like he could be the 2024 Presidential candidate himself, or at very least the Kingmaker.
That's still possible, but it's less likely today.

Maybe there is merit in an 11th hour impeachment, supported by would be 2024 GOP contenders...because it means they will have got rid of their main rival.

Only downside being Pence would be in place for the final days and could actually pardon Trump on his way out the door....

Only downside being Pence would be in place for the final days and could actually pardon Trump on his way out the door....
Unlikely he still has a career to protect. I still see the Trump family forming its own ultra right wing party. That was my view immediately after the election and this only enforces that view. I could never see him risking losing in the Republican bun fight.

Unlikely he still has a career to protect. I still see the Trump family forming its own ultra right wing party. That was my view immediately after the election and this only enforces that view. I could never see him risking losing in the Republican bun fight.
In some ways I do hope you're right as the more they marginalise themselves, the better! At present they have large swathes of died in the wool republicans in their thrall, but as the power ebbs away and they become ever more sensationalist, then I'm sure a good proportion of the more rational intelligent supporters will edge away quietly. A fair number already say that Trump should give up the "we were cheated" approach....which seems to be his only line at present.

ANy truth in the rumour that the Repbulicans will rebrand themselves to the "what were we thinking" party ahead of 2024...? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom